AKAI GX-280D R2R - I need help!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logan21

Hi,

i just signed up for this because i need some help. my dad just aquired a AKAI GX280D not the SS model just what i assume is the standard model. We don't have the owners manual to understand how to use it. and we don't want to mess anything up by tinkering with it. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. with maybe aquiring the manual. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks and hope to hear from anyone.

I assume that this is a stereo reel to reel.

You can look at a reel to reel as being the same as a cassette player, except the tape is on a reel instead of being in the cassette.

It connects to a receiver in the same manner, R and L channels. Do not connect these to the PHONO input, but to Tape 1, Tape 2, etc. You can also use the audio ins of a video input.

The reel tape is loaded on the left side, thread through the heads, then looped up to an empty take up reel. Spin the take up reel until it starts pulling the tape, and press play. That's it.

Stereo tapes have two "sides", so when the tape gets to the end, flip the two reels and repeat the process.

It's not that hard to do, you really can't screw much up.

Back