Al Green - Greatest Hits

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hiptone

Can anyone give a thumbs up or down on this title?

I would guess that they used the quad mixes from the 70's for these tracks, and nothing wrong at all with that.

Or did they remix from scratch? And how is the disc anyway.

I am noticing a trend in my listening. I'm less into the "in your face" type of stuff like Queen, and more into blues, r&b, classical, and classic rock without the makeup and pomp. This is perhaps due to my old age, I am past 30 and over the hill. No just kidding.

But Al Green would get played more than Welcome to my Nightmare or Night at the Opera round my house at this late stage.

Jeff

Nevermind finding a review (which I tried to find on the net), I can't find the disc anywhere!

There are four copies of this disc at Amoeba Records in Los Angeles.

Guess I should just spring for it as I really do like the songs.

Jeff

I'm in the land of SARS, Mad Cow disease, and a 74 cent US dollar....can't make the bike ride to LA.....take a chance and see what it's like (although the last time I did that myself, with Harvest, I made a BIG mistake!)
:rollin:

I like it...

I have the original quads and the new DVD-A and they seem to be new mixes. The sound on this disc is really nice though limitations of the original masters can be heard at times (distortion, noise etc.). Still, a totally enjoyable disc that I play more then just occasionally. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Bob

I agree with Romanotrax. It is a good DVD-A but the limitations of the original tapes are quite apparent. Not demonstration quality, but hey, it's Al Green!

Just think of it as a high resolution panty remover!!!
Al is good for gettin the girls in the mood!
:eek:

Towerrecords.com has it available (for $26!). Says it's been out since 2/02. They list it as "low stock" so you might wanna pick it up quickly. (I just ordered it myself.)

I own this title and can recommend it. It sounds so much better than the cd release. Also, it contains some bonus tracks that are really wonderful.

Back