Alice Cooper: Muscle of Love & Judy Collins: Best of - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Quad SACD (Dec 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colors of the day was on quad, not the other. Anyone knows if it was one of the many supposedly mixed quad never released?

Colors of the day was on quad, not the other. Anyone knows if it was one of the many supposedly mixed quad never released?

Sittin' In is rumored to have been released in quad in Japan. It was almost certainly one of CBS' early, unreleased, experimental quad mixes.

Hahaha! That's awesome...she really does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave has less facial hair.

Sent from my landline using two wires.

Attachments

• murray.jpg
    murray.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 349
All of the Warner stuff (includes Elektra, etc) is presently unavailable, not sure of the reason, it was being licensed last year. Right now only Sony is licensing.
Except for The Doors, Bread, and Judy Collins apparently.

Just noticed this while searching for Audio Fidelity on amazon.com:

Alice Cooper - Muscle Of Love Super Audio CD - DSD

Release date shows as December 11th along with Sittin' In and Colors Of The Day. Wonder if any of these three will be stereo-only?

Also, quicksrt will be happy about this one. How about some choices from my list, next time? ;)

Hopefully Not............Snood all In on Muscle & Sittin' :dance:

Thank you Steeeeeeeeeely :banana:

Just noticed this while searching for Audio Fidelity on amazon.com:

Alice Cooper - Muscle Of Love Super Audio CD - DSD

Release date shows as December 11th along with Sittin' In and Colors Of The Day. Wonder if any of these three will be stereo-only?

Also, quicksrt will be happy about this one. How about some choices from my list, next time? ;)

I am happy about this one, actually I like the album well enough. A quad reel to reel previously yes, but this is the kind of high-profile release the AF 4.0 format needs, and not just from a (selfish) personal wish list position. AF needs big sellers by superstar ROCK artists because they attract attention. World-wide, I can see this selling out almost as fast as the Doors.

The Doors and Bread were licensed while the window was open, and Judy Collins probably was secured before it was shut.

Not sure where you are getting your information, but member steelydave is reporting evidence that Alice Cooper (QUAD MASTER) has been seen up for pre-order at Amazon. This is a high-profile Warner act if ever there was one. Or was this also set up long ago before the door slammed shut? If so, how many other Warner titles do you think got approval before this doom door shut-out happened?

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...per-Muscle-Of-Love-AF-SACD-Preorder-on-Amazon

Muscle Of Love Audio Fidelity SACD Amazon.com pre-order...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01639RJ5A

(I'm hoping this will be the Quad and not turn out to be another case of Warner withholding the Surround mix, a la Riding With The King AF SACD.. not long to go, December 11th, same release date as AF's Sittin' In and Judy Collins SACDs.. fingers crossed all 3 are Quad..)

(I'm hoping this will be the Quad and not turn out to be another case of Warner withholding the Surround mix, a la Riding With The King AF SACD.. not long to go, December 11th, same release date as AF's Sittin' In and Judy Collins SACDs.. fingers crossed all 3 are Quad..)

Oh, I think that the release dates are subject to and likely to change. And, we are getting quad on all three don't you worry one minute.

The Alice Cooper is the most exciting one since Mahavishnu Orch to me. A real cult album there. Sales potential is very high with vintage Alice imo.

Sittin' In without quad could be an interesting experiment because AF could see how well an artist's SACD does not do without quad as compared to with quad. I think that they've drummed up that rare Japanese used master 4-chan reel (likely mixed in the US). I think AF is going for home runs with the 4.0 added layer. Not much doubt.

And then Judy Collins (if that is what is coming) will for sure have that 4.0 layer, I just sense it. If they could not get the quad tapes, AF would go to the next title on their list.

Hee hee! Pre-ordered! There is NO way I would ever NOT buy this....come on...it's Alice. But, I'd rather have his older work..but I ain't complaining....Vincent Furnier.....bring more on. This one is still the original band and they rocked....

When I was 13 years old I had no idea that decades later I'd be on an electronic forum discussing this album and it's quad mix - and it's release potentially coming out in a format that's a wee bit better than an 8-Track cartridge.

And yes, Alice actually could sing and carry a tune, it was not just a rock & roll screech 'n growl.

Last edited:
Great band, should be a great QUAD release...and I pre-ordered. Here's a picture of the band from 1973...same year this was released...

This picture is compliments of Warner Brothers Records 1973....just to be safe...

Alice_Cooper_group_1973.JPG

This is from 1973 and I'm pretty sure is still the original line up and those guys seriously knew how to play. Yeah, Alice really had a way with words...haha.
This is the album that split the band.

Last edited:
Back