Alice Cooper: Muscle of Love & Judy Collins: Best of - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Quad SACD (Dec 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be first in line for the Judy Collins, She does an awesome cover of "In My Life". My musical tastes are rather random but I am more likely to buy Judy than Alice. I just don't know enough Alice beyond the singles to make it worthwhile.

I will be first in line for the Judy Collins, She does an awesome cover of "In My Life". My musical tastes are rather random but I am more likely to buy Judy than Alice. I just don't know enough Alice beyond the singles to make it worthwhile.

I'm with you. I've had a DTS of the Judy Collins forever, but as was so often the case when trading discs, it was either ripped or burned by someone who either didn't know or didn't care how to do it right, so it's ruined by errors.

This is from 1973 and I'm pretty sure is still the original line up and those guys seriously knew how to play. Yeah, Alice really had a way with words...haha.

Yup. Everyone had their opinions about Alice and his style, but that band was the real deal. Pretty catchy tunes for the most part too, I always thought.

-- Jim

I hope Marshall disregards the negative posts!

The Judy Collins SACD is like manna from heaven. I can't wait! And I'll give the Alice Cooper disc a try.

I'm in for both the Alice & the Judy Collins.

I know Alice's music but not this album, I have the DVD-As of the other two of his, would love to here 1972's School's Out in Quad but I don't think it ever was - takes me back to being 14.

I've heard some Judy Collins but don't own any, but so far all the Quad releases I've taken a punt on have been good, so its one for me.

Be forewarned that the Judy, even though I love the album, is one of the most underwhelming quad mixes out there, although it's great to have the whales in surround.

I'm in for Judy, bring on guess who vol 2, Gordon Lightfoot, Jackson Browne and any body else from the classic age of pop and rock 1962-1978

Honestly, I'm glad for the Judy Collins...I mean....I expect many of you from back in the day appreciated her folksy sound. She simply never hit my radar...for what ever reason. Always knew her name...but couldn't associate any songs to her. I just listened to all the songs on youtube and I guess I stand by my decision to not purchase this particular Quad. Hey, I've purchased nearly 100% of all others....so I'm doing my part and truly love most releases. I just don't think I'd listen to this one once I got it. :)

Muscle of Love? Geez, what a name for an album. Laughing my butt off. Will have to check it out.

Easy to explain.
You're not 15-17 years old and it's a long way from 1973.
But if it sells all the better AFAIC.

For me, even if the Judy Collins Best Of is not the best Quad mix, I'll still enjoy hearing the 2-channel mixes.
What makes me snort is that people were jacked about Bread and poo-poo Judy Collins.
Again if it sells, great.

I would love to get the Warners\Reprise Joni Mitchell on SACD.
The HDCD releases were great.

I like the Judy Collins greatest hits album, but my wife absolutely loves both her and this album. So this one will earn me a lot of points with its high WAF! Hope that Sittin' In will be quad.

I'd be down with Joni Mitchell. I'm Canadian, She's Canadian. I must support her or face deportation. But also, the Quad of Raised on Robbery was an AM radio staple when I was but a wee tyke (running from Polar bears back to my igloo).
I have Judy Collins on Q8 and her CD-4. Underwhelming mix is an Understatement. Many of the songs come from 4-track multis, so, compare them to The Doors' 4-track songs. Pretty lame, Milhouse.

I'm down with Jackson Browne, The Guess Who, Eagles (go for their unreleased albums, hell, try and reissue Hotel California again! - it's been OOP for some time!) Alice Cooper I'll go in for. Workin' up a Sweat is a great track on that album. Fun tune, great mix.

In re. Alice Cooper's band, the word on the street was that they had some uncredited help from Chris Spedding. I have no idea if this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me. And yes, I like it--a guilty pleasure.

Easy to explain.
You're not 15-17 years old and it's a long way from 1973.
But if it sells all the better AFAIC.

For me, even if the Judy Collins Best Of is not the best Quad mix, I'll still enjoy hearing the 2-channel mixes.
What makes me snort is that people were jacked about Bread and poo-poo Judy Collins.
Again if it sells, great.

I would love to get the Warners\Reprise Joni Mitchell on SACD.
The HDCD releases were great.

It would be nice to get the Joni Mitchell as Quads, I doubt it somehow, but never say never!

I've the majority of the HDCDs. Clouds, Ladies Of The Canyon, & Court And Spark turned up yesterday from the USA, can't get them easily on this side of the pond. I think they're much better than the CDs I'm replacing (though its only my old Denon which will play the HDCD stream). The only annoying thing was the handling charge on the tax due; ÂŁ3.84 tax, which I don't mind, the additional ÂŁ8 handling fee I do!

I saw that Judy Collins is the next best of for AF quad series. Since they usually come in pairs, does anyone know the other release for December?

AC-MoL.jpg
it's Muscle of Love, for what we know

or it could be a stereo Loggins and Messina Sittin' In (or quad if we're lucky).

Back