Alice Cooper: Muscle of Love & Judy Collins: Best of - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Quad SACD (Dec 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought Muscle... had a somewhat "thin" production, I own a US vinyl and a reissue CD. I might give this a try, hopefully they have managed to muscle (no pun intended) it up!

Not sure where you are getting your information, but member steelydave is reporting evidence that Alice Cooper (QUAD MASTER) has been seen up for pre-order at Amazon. This is a high-profile Warner act if ever there was one. Or was this also set up long ago before the door slammed shut? If so, how many other Warner titles do you think got approval before this doom door shut-out happened?

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...per-Muscle-Of-Love-AF-SACD-Preorder-on-Amazon
Apparently the gates are open again.

I always thought Muscle... had a somewhat "thin" production, I own a US vinyl and a reissue CD. I might give this a try, hopefully they have managed to muscle (no pun intended) it up!

Something tells me this will not be thin sounding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best way to piss him off is to call him Vincent, Vince or Vinnie.

Hee hee! Pre-ordered! There is NO way I would ever NOT buy this....come on...it's Alice. But, I'd rather have his older work..but I ain't complaining....Vincent Furnier.....bring more on. This one is still the original band and they rocked....

Production NOT by Bob Ezrin, who really knows how to do the bombastic thing (check Billion Dollar Babies and of course The Wall (PF's)).

Last edited:
This is the album that broke the band.

Usually the term "broke" the band is like saying it was their break out album.
I'm assuming you mean that the bad sales led to the break up the original line up which is true.
Absolutely no interest in this release but that's just me.
Didn't much care for anything after Killer back than and even less so now.

All this talk about Joni Mitchell. I really don't think that stuff would sell at this point. Judy Collins too. Even Emmylou Harris isn't worth anything anymore.

I have a record/CD store. We hardly ever sell any Judy Collins, but we sell a lot of Joni Mitchell

I have a record/CD store. We hardly ever sell any Judy Collins, but we sell a lot of Joni Mitchell

When I was still living at home, Mom had sort of a weekly ritual whereby she would come home from church on Sunday, crank up the Judy Collins, and proceed with the weekly housecleaning. Meanwhile, this useless teenager was still in bed down the hall, attempting to regain consciousness from the previous Saturday night's excesses. To this day I still can't listen to Judy Collins without thinking of hangovers, so I'm not a huge fan. Not Judy's (or Mom's) fault, of course - strictly Pavlovian, but still surprisingly effective. :(

No such programmed behavior associated with Joni, though! Court and Spark (or any others) in quad would be pre-ordered on Day 1 here. :)

-- Jim

Product image is up on amazon.com now and confirms that this will have the 4.0 quad mix:

61TqXp%2BR7KL.jpg

Cover art up at amazon.com confirms the Judy Collins disc has the 4.0 quad layer:

51Dxdnc%2BuFL.jpg

Still no cover art for the Loggins & Messina 'Sittin' In' disc yet. My Spidey-sense tells me this one is going to be stereo-only - I once google image searched the catalog number (SOPL 30) of the supposed Japanese SQ version of this album and the album cover looked like a standard stereo issue, whereas the Japanese SQ version of the self-titled album (SOPN 43) clearly has an 'SQ' logo in the upper left hand corner below the catalog number. I think like everyone else here I'm hoping that there is indeed a quad mix on the SACD, but I'm prepared for disappointment.

Funny, that's not a rock title. Bit of a yawner if you ask me. I think I'll be passing on this one. :rolleyes:
I'll be down with 'Sittin' in' if it truly is an unreleased Quad. If not, double pass.

I already have the MFSL silver of Sittin' In, I suppose I could be convinced that the higher-res of the SACD just blows the MFSL CD outta the water and that I need this one anyway. But right now I'm spending my money on quad and surround.

I want my message to be heard really clearly that I want surround and old quad. If I buy the Sittin' In SACD w/o a quad layer the message would be confusing. I don't want to confuse anyone.

So without quad on this release I'd have to pass on it. But I do like the Judy Collins album and Alice I think is a top choice, and I still need to buy the Doors, so AF is getting me as a buyer, just not on the stereo only issues.

Lets hope that a beautiful unused 4-channel mix was found and just waiting for over 40 years, and this is it! Talk about a scoop! Talk about an exclusive!

Product image is up on amazon.com now and confirms that this will have the 4.0 quad mix:

61TqXp%2BR7KL.jpg

The damn thing just looks good don't it! I can't believe I'm getting to revisit my early teen years in such a rich and powerful way. Buying back my childhood $22 a crack!

No Judy Collins for me. I've been buying the multichannel AF titles that were "borderline" to my tastes in order to support their effort, but this one is way too far across the border.

Back