ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a roll. Just stumbled across a Johnny Mathis DTS 5.1!!! It's his 1972 LP "First Time Ever I saw Your Face"

Used to play that album when I was a youngster at home. Great memories! Cannot wait to get this.....

Here is the back of the disc....
back.jpg

On a roll. Just stumbled across a Johnny Mathis DTS 5.1!!! It's his 1972 LP "First Time Ever I saw Your Face"

Used to play that album when I was a youngster at home. Great memories! Cannot wait to get this.....

Here is the back of the disc....
back.jpg

Hmm.. it's a wee while since I've played this DTS disc but I have a recollection of a strange quality about his vocal on it.. some kind of distortion or some weirdness. I'll have to give it a spin and see if my memory's wonky

Hmm.. it's a wee while since I've played this DTS disc but I have a recollection of a strange quality about his vocal on it.. some kind of distortion or some weirdness. I'll have to give it a spin and see if my memory's wonky

Damn! Well - if it has a decent sound and warm, I'll be happy. I'm a huge Johnny Mathis fan and desperate for something like this...

Watching Blu of Paul McCartney - The Space Within...

Just outstanding.....goosebumps....

Usually when I watch a concert I really don't want a lot of camera shots of the audience but I loved the reactions of the crowd..Eleanor Rigby gets me every time...what a emotional song...even at his age the crowd yearns for those Beatle songs..young and old they all love the music...

Usually when I watch a concert I really don't want a lot of camera shots of the audience but I loved the reactions of the crowd..Eleanor Rigsby gets me every time...what a emotional song...even at his age the crowd yearns for those Beatle songs..young and old they all love the music...

I hear you. Even seeing Billy Joel...the look on his face says...."I'm seeing a big time superstar"! Good stuff...

I hear you. Even seeing Billy Joel...the look on his face says...."I'm seeing a big time superstar"! Good stuff...

When you see other musicians at your concert you know you are big time...love that concert..I could go for some Elton...maybe I should put that blu ray on...but it's 3 hours and I'll be up all night..LOL..maybe tomorrow...

When you see other musicians at your concert you know you are big time...love that concert..I could go for some Elton...maybe I should put that blu ray on...but it's 3 hours and I'll be up all night..LOL..maybe tomorrow...

Don't get me more wound up than I already am......the wife and I are jamming to Paul. Good times.

tonight is sort of a sigh of relief. Work is winding down fast ahead of Holidays.....I'm feeling good...relaxed. At ease. Music is awesome.

OK - and then there is "Maybe I'm Amazed"...holy cow what an amazing, uplifting song. Whoa...
I mean, seriously? Paul can still nail this song??? He is incredible.

Go see Seger folks - went last year & it was a great show. Does he sound like he did 40 years ago? No. Does he sound great for a guy his age - Yes! Great band, great songs, great time!

I record the Letterman show each night so I can hear the band at the end of the show...last night they had Bob Seger....watched his interview and he played a song from his new album..all of the roads...good song..he seems to sing within his limits...of course it's hard to tell on a televised event...here is his album

Today Keith Richards is 70 years old...Happy Birthday...I'm amazed this guy has lived this long....all the drugs he did over the years...especially the heroin...in 2006 he fell out of a tree and the head injury required cranial surgery....he supposedly has around 3,000 guitars...he mentioned in his autobiography that Mick Jagger was "unbearable" and their relationship had been strained for decades...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back