ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, just like mine. Came in my first apartment in 1989. Had horribly scratchy(in the Summer heat)nylon fabric. Matched the embossed carpet too. Comfortable with a cover on it though.:eek:

Yup, just like mine. Came in my first apartment in 1989. Had horribly scratchy(in the Summer heat)nylon fabric. Matched the embossed carpet too. Comfortable with a cover on it though.:eek:

That was vintage even back in 89! My mom probably got that couch new around 69 or 70. And yeah, the fabric was scratchy. Lol

Blessed are those with thick skulls.

quote:
One of them, the parson of the district, stated, in the course of the inquiry, that on a particular night, which he mentioned, he had been afflicted with a headach so agonizing, that he could not account for it otherwise than by supposing he was bewitched. In fact, he thought a score of witches must have been dancing on the crown of his head. This announcement excited great horror among the pious dames of the auditory, who loudly expressed their wonder that the devil should have power to hurt so good a man. One poor witch, who lay in the very jaws of death, confessed that she knew too well the cause of the minister’s headach. The devil had sent her with a sledge hammer and a large nail, to drive into the good man’s skull. She had hammered at it for some time, but the skull was so enormously thick, that she made no impression upon it. Every hand was held up in astonishment. The pious minister blessed God that his skull was so solid, and he became renowned for his thick head all the days of his life.

http://www.aolib.com/reader_713_79.htm

https://books.google.com/books?id=v...essed god that his skull was so solid&f=false

:yikes :cool:

I love Annie.

Also, those original kind of pull-top cans with the removeable tabs. People started dropping the tab down into the can before drinking the contents. Then the urban legends started with claims of all the people choking to death or slitting their esophagus from swallowing the tabs.

And, even before those tabs, the cans in the mid-1960s with no tabs at all. After the can dropped from the machine, you put the can into an opening in the front of the machine and pulled a lever which caused two sharp puncturing deals to come down and punch two holes into the top of the can. Real sanitary, huh. Those puncturing deals getting sticky pop on them and then sitting in there getting dirt stuck to them.

Doug

I love Annie.

Also, those original kind of pull-top cans with the removeable tabs. People started dropping the tab down into the can before drinking the contents. Then the urban legends started with claims of all the people choking to death or slitting their esophagus from swallowing the tabs.

And, even before those tabs, the cans in the mid-1960s with no tabs at all. After the can dropped from the machine, you put the can into an opening in the front of the machine and pulled a lever which caused two sharp puncturing deals to come down and punch two holes into the top of the can. Real sanitary, huh. Those puncturing deals getting sticky pop on them and then sitting in there getting dirt stuck to them.

Doug

LOL! Awesome post. Yeah, the pull tabs....then there was the short lived pull tabs that you could separate the circle part from the longer part...then stick the longer part sideways into the circle part and flick the circle and have "tab fights" Wow, the memories. They soon changed because they realized folks were flipping those things all over the place. (litter)

I love Annie.

Doug

LOL! Awesome post. Yeah, the pull tabs....then there was the short lived pull tabs that you could separate the circle part from the longer part...then stick the longer part sideways into the circle part and flick the circle and have "tab fights" Wow, the memories. They soon changed because they realized folks were flipping those things all over the place. (litter)

5545233830_7b6a223d89_z.jpg

beverage_pull_tab.jpg

PINK FLOYD FANS....anyone out there that is in the market for the Dark Side Of The Moon Immersion Box Set...here is your chance to grab it at a great price..$89.99 with free shipping in the US...if you can't see the price you must register or log in if you have signed up at the site...HERE..this is only good for a short period of time...about 15 more hours

Folks also forget how heavy the old beer and soda cans were, some of 'em so solid it took some work to crunch 'em up. You still see empty cans at flea markets--not many full ones, can't imagine what would be left inside beyond sludge--but I'm sure some brave soul has opened one up and sampled the contents, poor bugger....:D

ED :)

Yeah, nowadays you can be a wimp and still smash a can against your forehead. Back then, you had to be a REAL man! A real idiot man but a man nonetheless.

:D

Doug

I just HAVE to post this video.

GEORDIE - 1973

Brian Johnson (AC/DC) on lead vocals.....great tune...check him out....

[video=youtube;OcFSahf0KM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcFSahf0KM8[/video]

that's "Hope You Like It" album. good one but i more like next "Don't Be Fooled By The Name". absolutely super.
sadly beside of those two albums, nothing else such powerful, before he left for ACDC.
interesting that i very much like Geordie with Brian Jonson but never feel the same for ACDC except few tracks

[video=youtube;wGWmd-upc1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGWmd-upc1g[/video]

Last edited:
Wow - Quad Linda mentioned Cheech-N-Chong on another thread....I just had an idea that CC would be AMAZING on hi-rez surround. Can you imagine? Sister Mary Elephant in surround??? Wow!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;xWIxCbB9-JA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWIxCbB9-JA[/video]

another album from that era which can greatly benefit in surround
plenty of pretty good vox harmonies + lots of energy in music itself.

[video=youtube;sH-rTUFnGG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH-rTUFnGG8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back