Alpine car audio decoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepsky4565

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
The new Alpine DTS, DD, and DPLII decoder unit is still held up. New date is early April. I'll let everyone know how it is once I have it and listen!

Well Magnolia has let me know it is in. Now, to get it installed...

Dan in Spokane

Noticed this section has moved. Just wondering why.

Good news, Dan. How about a full report when it's in?

Moved it because it was in the Quadraphonic section. It should be here, in the general section, as modern 5.1 audio is coming to autos and we have gone past the quad 8 days.

:-jon

I actually have it in my hands. The previous announcement was premature. This is supposed to be the first released unit in the US. It has a DIN sized controller/display. It will probably take me a week or so to get installed, as I have since got a 03 PT Cruiser GT. Now to strip out the interior and install everything in it...

Dan in Spokane

Cool beans! I would think a PT Cruiser would offer a great acoustical environment for a killer surround-sound setup (well, insofar as acoustical environments for cars go, which is admittedly quite limited).

Well, I have had the Alpine unit installed for a couple months now. After being spoiled with my Fosgate Model Four at home, the DPL-II is a real let down. I have to bump up the rears several dBs just to get any satisfaction, even then it is subtle compared to what I like. I'm sure it is not the Alpine unit, as I have the same feeling with my home receiver. DPL-II is great for encoded sources, it just doesn't grab me for stereo to surround synthesis. The DTS side of things is much better. It works great, much better than the old Sherwood DTS unit I used. Overall I really like the unit. The only flaw is I have 2 disc changers, and even though the processor has 3 optical digital inputs, I cannot get the unit to switch to my second changer's optical signal. I can get it through the unit's second input, so it isn't the changer. The manual says I can change it in one of the setup screens, but that particular option isn't there!!! I have yet to hear anything from Alpine on that. The unit will let you set each channel's phase, delay and graphic or parametric eq. I have yet to play with those much, just too busy. If anyone wants to ask questions, let me know.

Please give us data on this unit......model number, features, cost, and where available!!
Thanks

Back