Amused to Death - Stereo DSD Download - Now Available

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And don't forget today's announcement of the album coming to DSD Download. Another choice for those who prefer downloads and want to skip the optical discs altogether. :)

Is it confirmed as a multichannel DSD download yet? Probably stereo only.

Ok, I understand the idea behind a DSD download (stereo & surround) given Acoustic Sound's involvement with DSD & SACD, but will there be a PCM-based high-res download too (stereo & surround)?
I would think that if surround downloads are going to catch on they would have to offer both, especially given how much more useful and flexible PCM-based downloads appear to be in comparison with DSD.

Ok, I understand the idea behind a DSD download (stereo & surround) given Acoustic Sound's involvement with DSD & SACD, but will there be a PCM-based high-res download too (stereo & surround)?
I would think that if surround downloads are going to catch on they would have to offer both, especially given how much more useful and flexible PCM-based downloads appear to be in comparison with DSD.

The details of the DSD Download portion of the Amused to Death release haven't been made available yet. We will have to wait on that.

And here is the Stereo DSD Download of Amused to Death by Roger Waters. Now available on Acoustic Sounds.

Amused to Death - DSD Download in Stereo.jpg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...d_to_Death-DSD_Single_Rate_28MHz64fs_Download

As for the DSD download: What's with the 2.8 limitation?

The DSD Download format is going to depend on the source of the recording. DSD 128 and DSD 256 are used when the source is an Analog Tape to DSD Transfer or when the recording was from a DSD 128 or DSD 256 session.

You'd have to ask Analogue Productions about the source of the album.

Back