Another Quality Year?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Award for Worst Quality Release?

• Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (Blu-ray) - Clicks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jethro Tull - Aqualung (Blu-ray) - Clicks

• Rush - Farewell To Kings (DVD-A) - Stereo Issue

• Gentle Giant - Free Hand (DVD) - Channels Swapped

• Katatonia - Dead End Kings (DVD-A) - Stereo Issue

• Total voters

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
It's been a good year for surround again. Unfortunately the quality control hasn't been great recently, since the Wish You Were Here Immersion box was released - we've had issues with:

• Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (Blu-ray) - UK Immersion box (Clicks at the end of the disc in 5.1) - Replacement disc issued...
  • Jethro Tull - Aqualung (Blu-ray) - Clicks on various tracks -
  • Rush - Farewell To Kings (DVD-A) - Sector 2 - Hi-rez Stereo issue - Replacement disc issued
  • Gentle Giant - Free Hand (DVD)- Rear Channels Swapped
  • Katatonia - Dead End Kings (DVD-A) - Hi-res Stereo issue
  • Ten Years After - A Space In Time (DVD) - Bass Ackwards (as Linda says :mad:@:)
  • Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (DVD) - Drop-outs & Mastering - Replacement disc issued

Other issues of note are the debacles with the Gavin Harrison & 05Ric disc being listed as a DVD-A and the Anathema disc not even having DTS...

So who gets the "Rotten Tomato" award for the worst quality control?

Voting is now open to the members of the QQ Academy!

For me the award goes to Ten Years After - how did they miss that one!!!

Another quality release from EMI (Engineering and Mastering by the Inept) - Thanks Linda for finally giving me a definition of their acronym...:)

weren't the PF & JT BD's 2011?

I'm most pissed off about the TAAB DVD cock ups.. but the TYA reverse-o channels is very close. it's why I've concentrated all my efforts (and funds!) into hoovering up as many OOP SACDs as poss this year instead of all these arse about new releases..!!

Decided to revisit this thread after getting my TAAB replacement disc today.

Because I got my copy of WYWH from amazon in the US, my Blu-Ray disc did not have the clicks at the end.
However my copy of Aqualung does have the clicks, but I'm not that annoyed by them.
I also can't say that I was really annoyed by the original DVD of "A Farewell to Kings" as the issues were on the stereo mix, which I never listened to anyway.

So (the original pressing of) TAAB wins for biggest turkey IMO, but the new pressing is a definite winner! :)

I voted for Ten Years After as well. I was looking forward to that, ready with money in hand. To learn that it was either authored or mastered incorrectly was, in all honesty, tremendously funny. To think that these multi-billion dollar industries don't even know how to handle channel location..... No wonder they're in the toilet. Nobody wants to buy the shit their spewing out, and when they finally DO come up with a brilliant idea, they fuck it up.

Good thing the British don't make cars anymore!

TYA - very obvious problem and no attempt to fix it. If non-surround music were included disc 2 of the Dr Feelgood "All Through The City" would be my vote due to the clipping caused by the loudness of the mastering (the other discs seem to be OK). Again an EMI problem and, again, no attempt to fix it.

Gavin Harrison & O5Ric disc advertised as a DVDA and plainly not. Further compounded by not issueing a physical replacement to the spec quoted on the packaging.

Yes JT was an issue but at least a replacement was sent and it was only advertised as DTS.

Not worried about the stereo related errors

GG and TYA i just put down to Cooky QUAD mixes to which I had no audio reference, still a bit annoying though.

Back