[ARCHIVE] 2008 QuadraphonicQuad eBay "SHOCKER" Log

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cripes! :eek: I gotta get the rest of my Q8 stash down here to find out what I got...:D

Ya gotta think the guys paying these sorta prices aren't just filling in their collections...but probably mastering and burning these for optimum sound quality. If these were rock titles, I'd understand it, to a point; but classical? Back in the day, I imagine audiophiles into classical quad went with vinyl or reel tapes, not Q8's. But also gotta think a lot of classical Q8's weren't pressed in numbers comparable to pop or rock, and so are harder to find today. And this one wasn't even sealed!

Also, with the advent of 5.1, it makes sense that some folks who dig the format are now getting into quadraphonic recordings, since a lot of it may never be reissued that way. Late to the party, but they apparently have the bucks to get what they want.

ED :)

A local retailer has multiple sealed copies of the Metallica DVD-A.

The price is high (for retail anyways) @$30.99 each but I thinks it's time I go buy a few and make some money on e-bay.

Love the list Jon, I'm never sure whether I should laugh, cry, or just gasp at some of these! :D I guess I don't need to cry because it's not my money!! :D

Today I laughed (just a little) because it pays to look around. Several Carly Simon - No Secrets DVD-A have been going for $70+ lately and I see one even went for over $100 in your log. :mad:@:

You can get the Japanese DVD-A [same as US DVD-A with extra (original English booklet is included) Japanese booklet and OBI strip] from HMV.co.jp for about $40 brand spankin' new after shipping. To each his own I guess!

;)
Josh

Count Basie for three bills? Aw, why not? :D

Jon, is 5.1 Marketing the same as 5.1 Entertainment? Kinda confused as to who this seller is....

Well, the Count Basie pictured in the ELP listing is actuall available for $99 here

I love it, Amazon has 3 of these in stock for $14.92. Less than $14 after shipping from a few Marketplace sellers.

$99, impossible to find, come on already! :rolleyes:
Josh

PS - Is this disc any good? Don't have it myself.
PPS - In stock at Tower.com, ElusiveDisc, AcousticSounds, J&R, CDUniverse. . .impossible I tell ya! :D

Count Basie for three bills? Aw, why not? :D

Jon, is 5.1 Marketing the same as 5.1 Entertainment? Kinda confused as to who this seller is....

The two are different companies and as far as I know have completely different ownership. I have had the 5.1 Marketing site saved for years and their prices were always high but then for a while when some other retailers started offering the rare DVD-A's for outrageous prices, their prices seemed really good in comparison. Now their prices are outrageous compared to everyone. I don't think 5.1 Entertainment Group is in business any longer since I haven't seen any Silverline, Myutopia or Immergent releases recently. Apparently Sanctuary quit delivering anything for the company to do, not that anybody would notice since Silverline/Sanctuary was the source of many of the awful DVD-A's.

Look at this listing for $300 or best offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...o=DR&its=S%2BI%2BSS&itu=ISS%2BUCI%2BSI&otn=12

I bet a best offer of $89.77 will get it.

http://www.5point1.com/cartadd.cgi

Of course even that is absurd.

Chris

The two are different companies and as far as I know have completely different ownership. I have had the 5.1 Marketing site saved for years and their prices were always high but then for a while when some other retailers started offering the rare DVD-A's for outrageous prices, their prices seemed really good in comparison. Now their prices are outrageous compared to everyone. I don't think 5.1 Entertainment Group is in business any longer since I haven't seen any Silverline, Myutopia or Immergent releases recently. Apparently Sanctuary quit delivering anything for the company to do, not that anybody would notice since Silverline/Sanctuary was the source of many of the awful DVD-A's.

Look at this listing for $300 or best offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...o=DR&its=S%2BI%2BSS&itu=ISS%2BUCI%2BSI&otn=12

I bet a best offer of $89.77 will get it.

http://www.5point1.com/cartadd.cgi

Of course even that is absurd.

Chris

what is even more absurd is the international freight bill of $17.75 USD..

what is even more absurd is the international freight bill of $17.75 USD..

I listed a DVD-A on eBay with shipping of $5.99 and got a red flag indicating that was high for the category and the listing could be pulled. These listings show shipping of $10 for domestic delivery, I guess the higher sales price justifies the higher shipping. I don't think anybody is selling anything at those crazy prices but if I notice they are, my collection is going up for auction. I own several of those $300 titles and could sell several thousand dollars worth based on those asking prices and I wouldn't even have to sell a disc I have played this year.

Chris

5.1 Marketing is the remains of Brad Miller's old company, Miller Nevada. Apparently whoever's running it now are just profiteers selling off old stock, and are not interested in any new product or licensing deals going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back