Atlantic Records Celebrates Its 75th Anniversary With Special LPs and SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It disappoints me so much when they don't have a surround mix of something like this when there is obviously one around somewhere. I have the DVDa of this and, although the surround mix IMHO isn't great, it should really be included when possible.
I agree. I am watching these releases and as much as I want to add to my library I am just not willing to pay for stereo, especially when I own versions of surround that also includes stereo.

For anyone like me waiting for certain titles, here are the SACDs currently available:

Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots
Dr. John - In The Right Place
John Prine - S/T

I’ve got about 15 of these 75th Anniversary titles on my wishlist. Don’t know if I’ll get them all but I’m almost certain they’ll be among last ones to come because I tend to be lucky that way.

For anyone like me waiting for certain titles, here are the SACDs currently available:

Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots
Dr. John - In The Right Place
John Prine - S/T

I’ve got about 15 of these 75th Anniversary titles on my wishlist. Don’t know if I’ll get them all but I’m almost certain they’ll be among last ones to come because I tend to be lucky that way.
If they were Multichannel I would buy them ALL!!!
As it is I will probably buy ZERO.
Such a missed opportunity 😢

If they were Multichannel I would buy them ALL!!!
As it is I will probably buy ZERO.
Such a missed opportunity 😢

I’d love multichannel, too. But there are some titles where a fantastic stereo version would be worth a look for me.

90125 is probably highest on my curiosity list.

I don’t know how much stock to put into the very few reviews to two of the titles on the AS site, but they seem happy. I hope if anyone here has bought them they’ll share their thoughts.

It disappoints me so much when they don't have a surround mix of something like this when there is obviously one around somewhere. I have the DVDa of this and, although the surround mix IMHO isn't great, it should really be included when possible.
Yeah, on top of it all...in their description, they use the word, immersive. :hi :eek::hi:censored:

Analogue Productions (Atlantic 75 Series)

Celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Atlantic Records!

Alice Cooper's Welcome To My Nightmare

Hybrid Stereo SACD release

Mastered direct-to-DSD by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering

1975 was a banner year for superstar Alice Cooper with the release of the groundbreaking concept album Welcome To My Nightmare. This album showcases Cooper's theatricality, storytelling prowess, and ability to create an immersive world of horror and fantasy.

I’d love multichannel, too. But there are some titles where a fantastic stereo version would be worth a look for me.

90125 is probably highest on my curiosity list.

I don’t know how much stock to put into the very few reviews to two of the titles on the AS site, but they seem happy. I hope if anyone here has bought them they’ll share their thoughts.
Agree that 90125 is perhaps the only title that piques my curiosity.
My problem is that I buy stereo SACD’s & then never listen to them.
Boring compared to a multichannel mix 😴

not much there that excites me ( or that I dont already have on MFSL. DVD - Audio or AF )
perhaps Deja VU and Daylight Again from CSNY and a couple of the Bad Companys ( Desolation Angels and Burning Sky ) and perhaps Purple by STP

Back