Author A Blu-Ray MLP Disc ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filper

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Is it possible to write a playable Audio only disc with MLP files using a Blu-Ray internal drive/writer ?

I will be using an Oppo for playback, so the watermark is not an issue.

As far as I know - no... But with Audio muxer you can author blu-ray discs playable on DVD-Rs or BDRs. You can (I have) convert MLP to WAV or DTS HD (if you hav an encoder). For authoring to Blu-ray. You can't author Blu-ray with LPCM with bit-rates of 88.2 or 44.1 though.... you can convert these (to other bitrates) using audio muxer too. I'd suggest you : 1. try using DVD-Rs (if space permits) much cheaper... 2. Create ISO images (if your firmware supports it) or 3. Create a disc structure for playback (rename the Blu-ray directory to AVCHD) & it can play these from hard drive....

I'd simply convert mlp files to flac with foobar+DVDA plugin or with AudioMuxer.

First you would need to extract the MLP audio from the DVD-A as uncompressed wave files. Foobar (freeware) along with the appropriate plugins as noted previously will do the trick. If the native sampling rate is something other than 48K or 96K you can also use Foobar to resample to one of those rates on the fly as well. Once you have the appropriate wave files (either stereo or mulitchannel), you can then use Cirlinca HD Solo Ultra www.cirlinca.com to author an audio only BD (25 GB max) with LPCM lossless files. Cirlinca provides a pretty straight forward and automated approach for basic BD authoring and the cost is reasonable at under $75. You can do the same with MultiAVCHD http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/which is freeware - however the learning curve is much greater and with not a lot of support. Either will work -just depends on how much time you're willing to invest in the process.

There are options at various steps in the process:

• Foobar2000 or DVDA Explorer to extract the MLP
  • Foobar2000 or Audiomuxer to re-sample to 48 or 96Khz (if required)
  • AudioMuxer, multiAVCHD, or Cirlinca to author a Blu-ray...Note that Audiomuxer is also free, and more intuitive than multiAVCHD

There are options at various steps in the process:

• Foobar2000 or DVDA Explorer to extract the MLP
  • Foobar2000 or Audiomuxer to re-sample to 48 or 96Khz (if required)
  • AudioMuxer, multiAVCHD, or Cirlinca to author a Blu-ray...Note that Audiomuxer is also free, and more intuitive than multiAVCHD

Audiomuxer will do a good job of a straighforward no nonsense AVCHD disc - however, if you want any executable menu functions or require storage space beyond 8.5 GB, you will need either Cirlinca or MulitAVCHD - it's nice when you can take the Talking Heads Box or The Doors box and put them on 1 BD25.

So, if I wanted to write stereo 96.24 .wav needledrops to the Blu disc, AudioMuxer could do that as well ?

It can and it does so quite nicely. (Audiomuxer)
I did a 3 hr and 45 minute BDA containing 52 tracks in DTS-HD on one disc
using one song from different multichannel sources as well as about 70 DVD-A conversions
(so far) for backups of my library.

Back