Beach Boys SACD Remastered Series from Acoustic Sounds

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weren't there a couple of tracks on Sunflower that were EV encoded also? I didn't know anything on Carl & The Passions was (lousy album anyway except for Marcella).

An update on the Beach Boys Remastered SACD series from Acoustic Sounds.

I checked with Acoustic Sounds today and was told that the Beach Boys SACDs will all be Mono and Stereo - no Multichannel SACDs. The listing of Pet Sounds as a Multichannel SACD is an error and will be corrected on Friday. The original plan to issue some Multichannel SACD editions in the series were scrapped during the licensing process.

I checked with Acoustic Sounds today and was told that the Beach Boys SACDs will all be Mono and Stereo - no Multichannel SACDs. The listing of Pet Sounds as a Multichannel SACD is an error and will be corrected on Friday. Apparently the original plan to issue some Multichannel SACD editions in the series were scrapped during the production process.

Brian - any word on release dates for the SACDs? I noticed that some of the vinyl will be available in January.

Brian - any word on release dates for the SACDs? I noticed that some of the vinyl will be available in January.

Not yet. They usually wait a few months after the Vinyl editions before releasing the SACDs. Sometimes longer.
We will see.

I checked with Acoustic Sounds today and was told that the Beach Boys SACDs will all be Mono and Stereo - no Multichannel SACDs. The listing of Pet Sounds as a Multichannel SACD is an error and will be corrected on Friday. Apparently the original plan to issue some Multichannel SACD editions in the series were scrapped during the production process.

Disappointed.

I checked with Acoustic Sounds today and was told that the Beach Boys SACDs will all be Mono and Stereo - no Multichannel SACDs. The listing of Pet Sounds as a Multichannel SACD is an error and will be corrected on Friday. The original plan to issue some Multichannel SACD editions in the series were scrapped during the licensing process.
If I was them I would have just scrapped the project at that point.

I've got the SHM SACDs on the way. And a platinum SHM CD of one of them too.

If I was them I would have just scrapped the project at that point.

I've got the SHM SACDs on the way. And a platinum SHM CD of one of them too.

I don't get the Platinum SHM CD concept...the SHM CD's already have a different surface layer...sounds like marketing to me...does it make a difference in the sound quality?

I don't get the Platinum SHM CD concept...the SHM CD's already have a different surface layer...sounds like marketing to me...does it make a difference in the sound quality?

They're less reflective than the standard SHM, so that should help the sound. They've got the green tops too, like the SHM SACDs. I'm fine with the extra $5 these cost.

According to the Acoustic Sounds catalog that I received the SACD of each album is as folows:

Surfin' Safari - Mono Only
Surfin' U.S.A. - Mono & Stereo
Surfer Girl - Mono & Stereo
Little Deuce Coupe - Mono & Stereo
Shut Down Vol. 2 - Mono & Stereo
All Summer Long - Mono & Stereo
Today! - Mono & Stereo
Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!) - Mono & Stereo
Beach Boy's Party! - Mono & Stereo
Pet Sounds - Mono & Stereo
Smiley Smile - Mono & Stereo
Sunflower - Stereo Only
Surf's Up - Stereo Only
Holland - Stereo Only

Sorry. Got confused.

All I care about is the upcoming Analogue Productions versions. Not the overpriced SHM SACDs. Nothing to see here...move along. :)

Fair enough. I'll move your comments to the Beach Boys Remastered SACDs from Acoustic Sounds thread.

Back