Best Hit Single Ever Recorded

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick.

I was playing this single, in my early RAF days, to anyone who joined our social (drinkin) group. Great memories and great times. Now my kids look at me each time I play it, knowing I'm going to repeat my tales of circa 1979.

Ian Dury and the Blockheads...great group, imo.

Long before it was released in the US, several of our Pacific Stereo (RIP) employees bought the UK single of "HIt Me With Your Rhythm Stick," myself included. I found mine at Wax Trax (RIP.)

We loved to crank it up on a Kenwood Pro turntable, with MC 20 Ortofon cartridge, Kenwood Pro preamp and 2 mono bloc 500w amps. It cranked beyond belief through AR-9 towers, which were very efficient. Our store was our only Kenwood & Technics Pro dealer in the Midwest region. Thankfully, our high end room had a door you could shut.

HIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was playing this single, in my early RAF days, to anyone who joined our social (drinkin) group. Great memories and great times. Now my kids look at me each time I play it, knowing I'm going to repeat my tales of circa 1979.

I grew up in reverse [No, not like Benjamin Button]. I embraced Tin Pan Alley before Rock 'n Roll.

I've always had the softest spot for Frank Sinatra"s One For My Baby and One More For the Road [from his landmark Capitol album ONLY THE LONELY]

Sinatra_100_Lonely.jpg

Long before it was released in the US, several of our Pacific Stereo (RIP) employees bought the UK single of "HIt Me With Your Rhythm Stick," myself included. I found mine at Wax Trax (RIP.)

We loved to crank it up on a Kenwood Pro turntable, with MC 20 Ortofon cartridge, Kenwood Pro preamp and 2 mono bloc 500w amps. It cranked beyond belief through AR-9 towers, which were very efficient. Our store was our only Kenwood & Technics Pro dealer in the Midwest region. Thankfully, our high end room had a door you could shut.

HIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would have thought that I have a kindred spirit over the pond with this little foot tapper. Must have sounded fantastic blasting out of that system.

HIT ME !! indeed o_O

Did you ever see Kilburn And The High Roads?

Back