Best Hit Single Ever Recorded

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up in reverse [No, not like Benjamin Button]. I embraced Tin Pan Alley before Rock 'n Roll.

I've always had the softest spot for Frank Sinatra"s One For My Baby and One More For the Road [from his landmark Capitol album ONLY THE LONELY]

Sinatra_100_Lonely.jpg

I've always had a soft spot for Cole Porter. This one is especially nice...

and this one...

Last edited:
I was just a kid when the fam was driving in the mountains of Colorado on vacation and my Dad turned on the radio (a very rare occasion). The Beatles "Michelle" was playing and I couldn't believe my ears, it was so good. It seemed to me in the 60's, every time I heard the Beatles, it was a fantastic song. Anyway, Dad was a "big band" guy and turned the radio station to something else, much to my chagrin. I was afraid to speak up because Dad ruled the roost. On a side note, I have a Muntz 4 track-8 track player (car deck modified to run in the house on battery or DC power) and many Muntz 4 track carts, including 3 Beatles albums. I had never listened to any of them until 2 days ago. They are beautiful looking carts-clear plastic tops with colorful logos. I carefully fixed the pressure pads and they all played just fine. 4 track carts seem to be much more carefully designed than 8 tracks. Not only did they play through the splice, but I couldn't even find the splice to secure it. Some of these 4 track carts even switched from side 1 to side 2 automatically somehow! When I put "Rubber Soul" into the player it was playing "Michell", the best single ever recorded.

par4ken's nominee..Smith "Baby its you" brought back memories of a couple others."Thunder and lightning" Chi Coltrane and Alive and Kicking's "Tighter Tighter". These songs are really immortal. I have "baby" and "tighter" on Cd compilations but the only recording of "Thunder and lightning" I can find is on my Colunbia House 8 track tape entitled "Rocks greatest hits". I never could find streams of any of these. And.. how about Dusty Springfield...Son of a preacher man!!

Last edited:
Back