Big Phat Band - The Phat Pack

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Robinson

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
This is a great disc even if it is only Dolby 5.1. Mine also came as a CD and DVD combo from amazon.ca, not a DualDisc. Bonus!

Anyway, the mix is very discrete just like the 2 DVD-Audio discs they have released. The Dolby 5.1 sounds pretty damn good as well. There are pictures playing with each song which adds a little bit extra to the proceedings. Anyway, highly recommended and if you liked their first 2 you will like this one as well.

Thanks Guy for following up on this disc. Looks like, despite it being only Dolby Digital, I'll have to add it to my shopping list. I may have to get it from Amazon.ca as well to get the CD+DVD, definitely better than DualDisc!

(y)
Josh

Actually, the description for the Amazon US product page says it's a CD with a bonus DVD. So, folks should be in luck there as well and can save $$$ if they want to take a chance with the Marketplace sellers.

Thanks for the tip, just ordered it. New surround releases are soooo far and few between, but at least we get a few now and then.

My Discogs listing says I have this.

Where Oh Where can it be?

I've got it on Hard Drive, so must have ripped it...

One day, I'll get my collection sorted, alphabetically....
Is it under Gordon, or is it under Big Phat Band?

Or is it in the pile yet to be filed?

Ooh the fun I'm going to have :LB
Update
Couldn't find it anywhere, so bought a like new copy off ebay for £8, it arrived today.
Listening now ...I'd forgotten how good this sounds in Dolby Digital 5.1
Maybe worthy of a poll listing ?

I bet they also went looking for Opeth's Ghost Reveries in 5.1 since they were logged in and will have them both by the 8th.

1703877939661.png

Back