Boston SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...another missed opportunity. Sheiner should have given this one a shot for sure!!!! Who knows...with the way Tom Sholz(sp??) recorded this album with the tons of effects and overdubs maybe the masters were all messed up and a surround mix not possible....
Tim

It was released before SACD was multi-channel. It will probably come out MC after we see the SRV titles re-issued in MC.;)

timw said:
...another missed opportunity. Sheiner should have given this one a shot for sure!!!! Who knows...with the way Tom Sholz(sp??) recorded this album with the tons of effects and overdubs maybe the masters were all messed up and a surround mix not possible....
Tim

It has been rumoured thru the years that this was mixed and never issued in the 70s, and it is also one of the titles that somehow found its way out of the backdoor. Having heard a couple of these, i know they exist. Somebody has this on a tape, somewhere...

As many of you know, this is my holy grail quad item. I personally talked to Brad Delp, lead singer of Boston, who confirmed the quad mix was done. Tad and a few others have hinted that a SQ test pressing was done, and that it is in private hands. Every attempt by me and others to locate it have failed however. I'd be willing to pay an outrageous amount for it, so let others know! I'm willing to share, this should be made available.

Also when SACD went MC, Stereo Review had an article saying that Boston would be one of the first MC titles (this was after the stereo only disc was available). Every attempt to confirm that it was on the schedule has likewise failed. I was hoping that Brian Moura would be helpful in this task, but as far as I can tell he doesn't like the title, as he didn't seem interested in helping out. I'm out of ideas on how to try to track this down.

Have you talked to Nick? (Quad First) If it's out there, he will know about it.

Yes, someone has talked to Nick and he at least claimed no knowledge of it. Maybe it'll turn up.

Back