Pioneer DV45a won't play sacd multi layer

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ress4278

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
It won't play 5.1 or 4.0 layer. Screen reads CD. Have set the player for sacd multi. DVD-A discs will play in multi channel. This just started recently. Any help is appreciated.

It won't play 5.1 or 4.0 layer. Screen reads CD. Have set the player for sacd multi. DVD-A discs will play in multi channel. This just started recently. Any help is appreciated.
I wrote about this a number of times. I found that the newer DV SACDs won't play but the older releases still work fine. If Pioneer would come out with a firmware update I'm sure they they could fix the problem. I doubt that they care about supporting such an old player. :(

I bought my original player years ago and it served me well. Latter I picked up another one used for $50, placing it in the bedroom. Then I purchased yet another one also for $50 to keep as a spare (yes I really loved the player). I have verified that the problem exists with all three machines.

Eventually I purchased a used Oppo BDP-103, it plays everything perfect, SACD (in DSD) sounds amazing!

The Pioneer 563a was my first universal player had it for a long time it started doing the same thing yours did,it helped push me towards getting an Oppo.

I wrote about this a number of times. I found that the newer DV SACDs won't play but the older releases still work fine. If Pioneer would come out with a firmware update I'm sure they they could fix the problem. I doubt that they care about supporting such an old player. :(

I bought my original player years ago and it served me well. Latter I picked up another one used for $50, placing it in the bedroom. Then I purchased yet another one also for $50 to keep as a spare (yes I really loved the player). I have verified that the problem exists with all three machines.

Eventually I purchased a used Oppo BDP-103, it plays everything perfect, SACD (in DSD) sounds amazing!
Too many formats.

Back