Bread and Grover Washington Multichannel SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not only on Q8 but quad LP as well.
shame this great album never been materialized in retail as quad.

Commercial DTS is at least 24-bit/48k as a rule, which qualifies as hi-res in my book. Sounds pretty damn good however you categorize it. Lossless is preferable, but I'll take what I can get.
absolutely not. high resolution format in fact means that this format can save and deliver to end user
maximum possible amount of information of visual or audio content.
regular DTS, doesn't matter 48/24 or 96/24, cannot comply such task, as by default shrink feeded into it information at about 1:3 ratio.
in digital domain every bit contain piece of info. how one can consider high resolution format, which deliver only 1/3 from original material?

absolutely not. high resolution format in fact means that this format can save and deliver to end user
maximum possible amount of information of visual or audio content.
regular DTS, doesn't matter 48/24 or 96/24, cannot comply such task, as by default shrink feeded into it information at about 1:3 ratio.
in digital domain every bit contain piece of info. how one can consider high resolution format, which deliver only 1/3 from original material?

So, anyway... anyone have anything more to say about the subject of this thread?

Attachments

• oldhome.jpg
    oldhome.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 261
hey Bob, don't be so cruel to us.
after four full pages of hard and sweaty discussions people need small fanny break
and those with bread and analog toaster as a part of SACD deal, really good one :)

THAT'S what I've been waiting (and hoping) to read. The Grover Washington is a pleasant surprise since I never managed to get the DVDA.

Same here!!!

I'll be picking up both of these...

Last edited:
Just received an email from Marshall from Audio Fidelity announcing the earlier discussed "Best of Bread", and also Grover Washington's "Winelight" album, previously released as a WB DVD-A.

Winelight has an excellent 5.1 mix by Elliot Scheiner and was used as the flagship track to demo the ELS system in the Acura TL and later vehicles from Acura. This, IMHO, is a far superior release than the earlier George Benson disc was, and if you don't have the DVD-A you might want to seriously check this title out.

GWashingtonJr&Bread-1-sht.jpg

I have Winelight and I'm glad this will give others the chance to purchase this great sounding disc at a reasonable pricepoint...and I will be getting the Bread disc...I like these choices...

Back on topic - I found this:

http://www.thisisbooksmusic.com/2015/01/05/some-stuffs-bread-gwjr-audio-fidelity-discs/

Looks like well get Best of Bread 4.0 & Winelight 5.1!...

So it looks like it'll have the quad....

Great find, thanks Mike! (y)

I've little doubt these two will be received pretty badly by QQers who have them both already.. but it's a big YEAY on both counts from little old me!! Why? Well, 1.) The Bread Quad is to me an excellent example of Quad mixing and this first time reissue should hopefully find it a new audience now, 2.) It's a Warner Quad.. COME ON what's not to get excited about there?!! Hopefully this means more of the same from AF!? The possibilities for Warner's Quads reissues are pretty mouthwateringly mega for us guys.. and 3.) I hope now more people will get to hear one of the most skillfully executed 5.1 music mixes (I've ever heard anyway!) from the maestro himself.. let's face it the Winelight DVD-A's been out of print, out of most people's price range and off people's radars way too long.. I shall of course be buying both day and date (with two week shipping delay of course!) :banana:

Back