Brian Eno Remasters

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfbello

Hello!

I saw last week in Borders Brian Eno's "Discreet Music, Music For Airports, Ambient 2 and Ambient 4" in a different packaging (very beautiful, by the way) and they had the letters DSD at the bottom of the packages. Does this imply they are SACD?

Cheerrs!

Alfbello

alfbello said:
Hello!

I saw last week in Borders Brian Eno's "Discreet Music, Music For Airports, Ambient 2 and Ambient 4" in a different packaging (very beautiful, by the way) and they had the letters DSD at the bottom of the packages. Does this imply they are SACD?

Cheerrs!

Alfbello

No, it does not imply that they are SACD. It just means that they used DSD to remaster them. In fact, I understand that while they were originally to be released as 2-channel SACDs, the decision was actually changed to release only Redbook CDs. Mike.

I have said it before and Ill say it again Very strange to go to the expense of remastering in DSD and then not follow it through !! :mad:@: :mad:@:

Also very strange that some one as 'cutting edge' as Eno has been in the past has not 5.1 mixed the whole lot. Some of his music I think would sound very good in M/C :mad:@:

rusinurbe said:
Also very strange that some one as 'cutting edge' as Eno has been in the past has not 5.1 mixed the whole lot. Some of his music I think would sound very good in M/C :mad:@:

I thought the same thing myself. I remember at least one of Eno's "ambient" albums had instructions on how to wire up a third speaker to your system to get a surround-sound effect. He even went so far as to recommend a digital delay on the speaker to enhance the effect. Alright, nice Idea, Brian, but how about just remixing the friggin' album for surround-sound?

Cai Campbell said:
I thought the same thing myself. I remember at least one of Eno's "ambient" albums had instructions on how to wire up a third speaker to your system to get a surround-sound effect. He even went so far as to recommend a digital delay on the speaker to enhance the effect. Alright, nice Idea, Brian, but how about just remixing the friggin' album for surround-sound?

Hello!

I guess I'll get one and see if the Multichannel light comes on...

Cheers!

I'd like to see Brian put his stuff out in 5.1 too, that music is really perfect for the medium, whether his rocking stuff or the more ambient, subdued material...great body of work, and it is a shame SACD's weren't issued in stereo.

ED:)

Back