Bruce Dickinson

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to my ears. They sound brittle, by comparison. Not sure the DACs were all that good, at the time.
There is also the matter of how one's stylus and cartridge "color" the vinyl experience. I could agree that they are likely the same mastering.
Fair enough, I still think they beat the pants off the 1998 remasters (which aren’t terrible by any means, especially compared to the horrid 2015 remasters!)

I have an original vinyl pressing of Number of the Beast which is pretty beat up, the rest of mine are reissues. For convenience sake the original CD’s do me just fine.

Fair enough, I still think they beat the pants off the 1998 remasters (which aren’t terrible by any means, especially compared to the horrid 2015 remasters!)

I have an original vinyl pressing of Number of the Beast which is pretty beat up, the rest of mine are reissues. For convenience sake the original CD’s do me just fine.
I concede that, for optical, the original CDs are the way to go. I don't like any of the remasters at all.

Back