Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See it's mine shipped, mine shipped, and mine shipped.

Then It's going to be mine arrived, but I haven't had a chance to.......

I have thought of several schemes:

- Plan A: Try to trade off performing some much needed repair around the house for the box set right now. Not likely to work and only will get me into hot water.
- Plan B: Buy her a nice bouquet of flowers and beg her to give me the box set right now.
- Plan C: Tell her that I need to check out the discs to make sure that there are no defects.
- Plan D: Negotiate some compromise where I get a few discs each month.

Your evil plan? Yeah, I know, I'm getting these as a present so there's no sympathy here! :violin

Just wait for it, and enjoy your present on your birthday. At most, just whizz up the discs to the menu to check they run then just put them back in the box and enjoy the excitement.

No, but Mine shipped yesterday from ImportCDs! Sorry Kapn', Just joining in......unfortunately (not :) I leave today for 2 1/2 weeks in Iceland and Sweden so I won't be hearing these for awhile. ....and, oh yeah, I need to get a new A/V receiver to accommodate a BR player now. I had resisted the need until this became available. What are the model options besides an Oppo that can handle a separate SACD/DVD-A player?

See it's mine shipped, mine shipped, and mine shipped.

Then It's going to be mine arrived, but I haven't had a chance to.......

Then, "spinning now, will post thoughts shortly". Then, "removing the disc from my player and putting it back on the shelf...."

amazon.ca has charged my card, and they are preparing my set for shipping! $129 was the final price for it (including shipping). I'm satisfied! :)

Just ordered this for $110 from ImportCDs, and got the latest remastered quad from Pentatone (Schubert String Quartets with Quartetto Italiano) in the bargain. I'm not overly familiar with the band, but this seems like a good way to explore - and likely a decent investment too.

I'm taking off work tomorrow just to be here when they arrive. My wife is the worst about leaving something on the doorstep...she won't look out for it and they won't knock.

I was really lucky with the Division Bell box. Mine actually arrived before the street date, and it was bought from the Pink Floyd store. That would be a great surprise with this box, but I'm not counting on it. :rolleyes:

Mine arrived today.Nice sturdy box with each album with original mini covers.Went straight to Chicago 3 as it's the first
I have not heard , at all.Have played about half of it and I really like it.The mix have horns,keys and some guitar in the rears.Vocals,main guitar ,bass and drums in front for most of time.Looking forward to the rest of this box:music

The disc autoplay in 4.0 DTS Master Audio on my Oppo.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today.Nice sturdy box with each album with original mini covers.Went straight to Chicago 3 as it's the first
I have not heard , at all.Have played about half of it and I really like it.The mix have horns,keys and some guitar in the rears.Vocals,main guitar ,bass and drums in front for most of time.Lokking forward to the rest of this box:music

The disc autoplay in 4.0 DTS Master Audio on my Oppo.

Good news so far! :upthumb

Could you please take some pics of the package?

What do the onscreen menu's and so on look like?

Thank you for the info so far and thanks in advance if you can give photos and any more news! :)

Received mine today! My first impression is quad Nirvana. All available quad mixes from one artist in one box. A slice of the perfect world!

I am listening to IX now. Sounds clean and crisp. The mixes are known to be great, and this just lifts the veil of whatever noise or imperfection I had ever heard before.

As I said before, bring on Santana next!

Are there any liner notes or any booklet(s) at all? Or is it just the mini-LP gatefold sleeves?

Are there inner sleeves to stop the BD's from getting scuffed on potentially rough card, or are the mini-LP sleeves smooth card inside etc.?

Any mention of who did the mastering and transfers?

Any loudness or audible DR compression on either 4.0 or 2.0 tracks?

I'm not any good with photos,sorry:( As I said it autoplays in 4.0,onscreen is album cover, track list and audio options.

Ah I'm not any good with photo's either (that's why QQ member steelydave calls me fredblur ;) ) but I take them for the team anyway :D

Good news that it autoplays in Quad! :upthumb

What's onscreen as the music is playing? Album art?

Chicago Quadio.jpg

What does that logo say that's in the top left corner on some of them? It doesn't seem to be on all of them.

Back