Delta 1010LT to Adobe Audition 1.5 - HELP!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarTrek1701

To start with, the card is working. I get sound out to my computer's speakers. I can play any file and it sounds fine. I, also, get sound from the inputs; my Q8 player, my SQ decoder, and Quad reel sound fine.

Now, before I "graduate" into mulitchannel, I decided to practice with 2 channel. The problem is that I am not getting any sound to the AA 1.5. When I tried to record, nothing; absolute flatline.

Or, maybe somebody can recommend an easier to use program to record my 2 or 4 channels to create the .wav files.

I have no idea what is wrong. Any help would be great.

Make sure Adobe Audition software is communicating with the sound card. Check your settings and also try the "help" menu of AA. It's usually some sort of "settings" issue with AA.

I've been following the "help" menu, but some of the instruction/references appear to be "geared" toward an earlier version of Windows. Still, using the menu as a guide, I went through the process again. The original pathway does not line-up. But there was an alternate instruction which says: "To quickly access the Record section of the Windows mixer, choose Options > Windows Recording Mixer in Adobe Audition". I did this. Now I get an error message: "There is a problem with your sound hardware. To intstall mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware". All I can think to do is re-install the drivers. But, frankly, if they were not working, I wouldn't be getting any sound at all. Right? Well, I re-installed them anyway. No help.

There is probably an alternate way of doing this, but I just can't figure it out.

Any suggestions? Could it be my version of AA? I'm running 1.5.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Could be that later versions of AA are more friendly with your card. Sometimes I play around with a program clicking here and there and that works..sometimes.

Also...Important.... Open up your sound control window and see what's going on there. Also, AA will not work with my "Creative" sound card if it's in "Game Mode" and that is also seperate software (that came with the card) that connects the sound card with the sound software. Check to see if the card came with or was supposed to come with more software. Could be a conflict with existing software/drivers (too many) or a lack of proper software/drivers there. I would also go to the sound card tech support for more help if nothing else works. It should work one way or the other.

I use the version of 1010 card without the breakout box I think that is 1010LT. Can you open the M-Audio control panel for the card? Play some audio and check the meters in patch panel for activity to insure audio is definitely passing through the card, then click around in the Routing tab to be sure it's going where you think it's going.

I use the version of 1010 card without the breakout box I think that is 1010LT. Can you open the M-Audio control panel for the card? Play some audio and check the meters in patch panel for activity to insure audio is definitely passing through the card, then click around in the Routing tab to be sure it's going where you think it's going.

The 1010LT is the card where you all other wires hanging out the back.

The Delta's control panel opens real easy. The meters under the Monitor/Mixer Tab do register audio from the inputs. I've checked anything I could think of with both hardware (connections) and software.

Sorry, I am just completely stumped.

If you've got meter action in the M-Audio control panel, it's AA that is not set to see 1010LT as stated above. Toggle AA options until you get sound!

Back