DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...they had some things, but also claimed to have others that, in fact, were not in stock. I suspect they just list titles and don't always remove them after an item is sold.

I'd have to find exactly where (maybe their FAQ page), but I know Caiman actually admits that they do not carry everything they sell and that they obtain some items from their suppliers only AFTER the item is ordered. Like Peter, I've not usually had a problem with this policy because they have always come through.

Being that these are OOP, RARE discs we are waiting for, I'm content on waiting a little longer. The one time I e-mailed Caiman I was only told that they were simply waiting for their supplier. Good point OQG about deadlines with claims; I feel better knowing this was all done through Amazon. Amazon keeps sending me e-mails to review Caiman but I haven't got the items yet! :rolleyes:

Of interest to me is that with the discs I ordered from Caiman through Amazon.co.uk had explicit quantities. Playing around I put in 5 of Foreigner 4 and only 4 were available. Which supplier told them they had exactly 4 of these available only to be processing for 6+ weeks!? One disc I ordered with only one left and within two minutes of my order (still processing) they removed the listing so it appears the items get removed automatically based on the said quantity available. With ELP BSS, like Peter said, they promptly canceled the order. Weird.

I guess they are waiting to see if we call their bluff. I guess we'll make them sweat it out a little longer. ;)

I was one of the lucky ones to get Headhunters from Tower.com. I didn't realize it at the time, I was just looking through the hi-rez reviews here and decided to pick that one up, along with Medeski Martin & Wood's "Uninvisible" and the Trey Anastasio DVD-A. Headhunters was a little more expensive than the others, around $17 or so, but well worth it. Glad I was able to pick it up when it was still around.

Caiman shoppers:

I'm linking to a post by a QQer that tells of a not-so-happy Caiman experience and I think we can all learn from this experience and save ourselves from getting into the same mess. Caiman may try to pull a fast one with these DVD-As.

Read here, and know when your deadline for refund through Amazon is! Many thanks to HDJK for alerting us. I'm personally going to hold out a little longer since I've got a few weeks still, then pull the plug on this.
Josh

I was one of the lucky ones to get Headhunters from Tower.com. I didn't realize it at the time, I was just looking through the hi-rez reviews here and decided to pick that one up, along with Medeski Martin & Wood's "Uninvisible" and the Trey Anastasio DVD-A. Headhunters was a little more expensive than the others, around $17 or so, but well worth it. Glad I was able to pick it up when it was still around.

Awesome! Congrats! (y) :D Tower has been good to me so far, even if it's being operated by Caiman.

Reading the reviews here has led to many of my recent purchases and I've been able to grab some discs before they disappeared. QQ is a tremendous resource!

Well, I am starting to cancel my orders through Caiman as it has now been more than 2 months and no sign of orders coming through.
I guess I am back on the lookout for following so if anyone from here finds these(for reasonable price) some where can you please PM me, that would be great.

Still looking for following DvdA's:

Foreigner 4
Carly Simon-No Secrets
Richard Thompson-Rumour and Sigh
T Rex-Electric Warrior
Alice Cooper-Welcome to my Nightmare
Deep Purple-Machine Head

peter

Roxy Music - Avalon [Hybrid MC SACD] is $9.99 at Tower.com (free shipping $25 and up): here

These prices often fluctuate, so don't hesitate!
Josh

That's a deal. I paid full price for my copy of the Avalon Surround Sound SACD - and it was worth it at that price!

Well, I am starting to cancel my orders through Caiman as it has now been more than 2 months and no sign of orders coming through.
I guess I am back on the lookout for following so if anyone from here finds these(for reasonable price) some where can you please PM me, that would be great.

Still looking for following DvdA's:

Foreigner 4
Carly Simon-No Secrets
Richard Thompson-Rumour and Sigh
T Rex-Electric Warrior
Alice Cooper-Welcome to my Nightmare
Deep Purple-Machine Head

peter

Thanks, a couple of members have pointed me to HMV japan to order and hopefully will get a few of the titles, as Carly Simon,Foreigner and Alice Cooper are listed there.

Did anyone else have any trouble cancelling their titles with Caiman, 5 of 7 cancelled Ok and 2 of them they didn't pay me back so I did the Claim feature through Amazon and that did the trick, all has been refunded. I will still give Caiman a pass on this whole thing as have received all of my other orders fine. I don't think I'll try ordering an OOP title from them again.

Thanks, a couple of members have pointed me to HMV japan to order and hopefully will get a few of the titles, as Carly Simon,Foreigner and Alice Cooper are listed there.
Well, my quest for the Japanese Kamakiriad, Fourplay, and Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-As failed as HMV.co.jp finally got notice from the manufacturer that they were discontinued. This means that the other DVD-As being held up by these titles shipped late last week and should be here tomorrow. Those are Carly Simon, Everything Must Go, Two Against Nature, Workingman's Dead, Winelight, and Breezin'. Hey, that's a LOT better than nothing! :D Looks like if I want the other titles someday they'll cost me! :mad:@:

Did anyone else have any trouble cancelling their titles with Caiman
No problems with Caiman's refunds, they all went through quickly. Glad the Amazon claim system worked for you Peter!

Best,
Josh

I just received my copy of "Welcome to my Nightmare" two weeks ago from HMV. That was about $32.00 delivered. Sure beats the used copy's for $96.00 on amazon. Good Luck.

I just received my copy of "Welcome to my Nightmare" two weeks ago from HMV. That was about $32.00 delivered. Sure beats the used copy's for $96.00 on amazon. Good Luck.

The sealed copy of 'Welcome' I traded for arrived today...

It came from HMV Japan to CA, and then landed here.

Great disc !

I'd suggest you folks order a copy NOW. It took less time from Japan to CA that it took to get from CA to here.

Thanks, Mike.

Last edited:
Well, my quest for the Japanese Kamakiriad, Fourplay, and Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-As failed as HMV.co.jp finally got notice from the manufacturer that they were discontinued. This means that the other DVD-As being held up by these titles shipped late last week and should be here tomorrow. Those are Carly Simon, Everything Must Go, Two Against Nature, Workingman's Dead, Winelight, and Breezin'. Hey, that's a LOT better than nothing! :D Looks like if I want the other titles someday they'll cost me! :mad:@:

No problems with Caiman's refunds, they all went through quickly. Glad the Amazon claim system worked for you Peter!

Best,
Josh

Thank heavens i got 'Kamakiriad' and 'Everything must go' at the start of the year. HMV.Jp was the best find for rare discs and teh speed of delivery puts some other on line vendors to shame.

Good luck anyway.

as for caimen the only time i used them to order a DVDA it was OOP, i did get a refund no problems, but had to chase the order (something they had in stock aparently when i placed the order) to find out why it was still outstanding.

Fletch, I sure wish HMV.co.jp had the DVD-A in your avatar. That one may elude me forever; I am not ready to part with $100+ on Amazon Marketplace for a copy of this music, and I don't think I'll ever be! :mad:@:

In any case. . .No Secrets, Breezin', Winelight, and Workingman's Dead all arrived today. I love the plastic bag surrounding the OBI Strip and Japanese booklet and the additional shrinkwrap around the DVD-A. Everything looks like it was treated with kid-proof gloves. For those of you unfamiliar with HMV.co.jp, the packaging is superb, a very think bubble mailer and the discs are additionally placed in bubble wrap bags so there is tons of padding. The bubble wrap bags are actually a nice touch because I can reuse them for Half.com and eBay sales, saving a little $$. No one ships faster or more carefully IMO, and I buy far more online than in retail stores.

The Steely Dan DVD-As should arrive tomorrow. :banana:

Thank goodness my wishlist is finally shrinking, because it's been an expensive 1st half of 2008. Shouldn't be a problem, since there are nearly zero new releases anyway. :rolleyes: :mad:

Hey there,

Can I ask you what shipping cost you on the HMV.co.jp order?

Thanks,
GabeL

Fletch, I sure wish HMV.co.jp had the DVD-A in your avatar. That one may elude me forever; I am not ready to part with $100+ on Amazon Marketplace for a copy of this music, and I don't think I'll ever be! :mad:@:

In any case. . .No Secrets, Breezin', Winelight, and Workingman's Dead all arrived today. I love the plastic bag surrounding the OBI Strip and Japanese booklet and the additional shrinkwrap around the DVD-A. Everything looks like it was treated with kid-proof gloves. For those of you unfamiliar with HMV.co.jp, the packaging is superb, a very think bubble mailer and the discs are additionally placed in bubble wrap bags so there is tons of padding. The bubble wrap bags are actually a nice touch because I can reuse them for Half.com and eBay sales, saving a little $$. No one ships faster or more carefully IMO, and I buy far more online than in retail stores.

The Steely Dan DVD-As should arrive tomorrow. :banana:

Thank goodness my wishlist is finally shrinking, because it's been an expensive 1st half of 2008. Shouldn't be a problem, since there are nearly zero new releases anyway. :rolleyes: :mad:

Hey there,

Can I ask you what shipping cost you on the HMV.co.jp order?

Thanks,
GabeL

It varies depending on how many items you order. Here are some examples from a few of my orders:

2 CDs, 1 DVD-A, 1 SACD - 1,500 Yen
2 DVD-As - 1,500 Yen
2 DVD-As and 3 CDs - 1,860 Yen

It pays to order many items then just a couple, as you can see here, but I've yet to catch a pattern either. For $15-$20, the resultant shipping speed and quality of packaging makes it a good deal from Japan, IMO.

Hope this helps,
Josh :)

Sweet,

Thanks for the information!

Cheers,
GabeL

It varies depending on how many items you order. Here are some examples from a few of my orders:

2 CDs, 1 DVD-A, 1 SACD - 1,500 Yen
2 DVD-As - 1,500 Yen
2 DVD-As and 3 CDs - 1,860 Yen

It pays to order many items then just a couple, as you can see here, but I've yet to catch a pattern either. For $15-$20, the resultant shipping speed and quality of packaging makes it a good deal from Japan, IMO.

Hope this helps,
Josh :)

I finally got a copy of Rumor and Sigh from E-bay not as cheap as I would have liked approx 40 Euro. patience is the watch word there i missed out on two other copies before i finally got the copy i own.

HMV.Jp certainly reduced my wish list, filling Steely and Fagen gaps, i also got the Rat Pack DVDA from there.

happy hunting

Back