DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filper, congrats on some nice finds, although I'd be curious to know what you had to pay for those items. BB has been known to take advantage of OOP pricing from what I've seen. They must have someone keeping an eye on the OOP market for them.

Just wish I had the same luck here in California that you seem to keep having. Not many audiophiles in your neck of the woods, perhaps? What an advantage for you, eh? I spent a year in TO/Scarborough back in 98-99 and I'd likely sacrifice some toes and fingers to be able to fly up and shop around for a day or two.

Anywho, looking forward to viewing your next thread in the Swap Meet. Best of luck!

Best Buy hasn't changed their prices on the OOP titles. All five discs I got on the last hunt have the original price stickers. The bright yellow ones being the oldest.

What surprised me is the condition of all five titles... the are all pristine. None of the usual shelf scuffs especially the two Krauss' and BVSC which had to have been on the rack for 6 to 8 years !

The shrinkwrap on the Beck and the Gabriel are like glass.

Even the price tags aren't worn.

Save your fingers and toes... I can assure there that there is not much left on the shelves in the GTA.

Just FYI about the pricing, 'So' and 'Sea Change' were $21.99. 'New Favorite' $38.99, 'Krauss Live' $49.99 and 'BVSC' $30.99. All consistantly priced from store to store over the past 5 years.

The tough part now is deciding equivalent trades for each title.

I had actually contemplated leaving them at the store, but knowing that any day soon they would be called back to the 'Cruncher Of Death' (as many titles I had seen previously were), I grabbed them. I could always return them.

Filper, congrats on some nice finds, although I'd be curious to know what you had to pay for those items. BB has been known to take advantage of OOP pricing from what I've seen. They must have someone keeping an eye on the OOP market for them.

Just wish I had the same luck here in California that you seem to keep having. Not many audiophiles in your neck of the woods, perhaps? What an advantage for you, eh? I spent a year in TO/Scarborough back in 98-99 and I'd likely sacrifice some toes and fingers to be able to fly up and shop around for a day or two.

Anywho, looking forward to viewing your next thread in the Swap Meet. Best of luck!

I saw a new copy of Toto 'IV' single layer Stereo/Multichannel SACD with the gold slipcase today at the Oakville Best Buy if anyone is looking for it.

It's the only HiRes title left in the store.

Kinda pithed me off. I used to be looking for that one a few months ago until I traded for the Hybrid.

filper,

Is one version preferred over the other (i.e. SL vs Hybrid)?
I've seen both over the years (not lately mind you) and assumed the SACD layers would be the same on each.

filper,

Is one version preferred over the other (i.e. SL vs Hybrid)?
I've seen both over the years (not lately mind you) and assumed the SACD layers would be the same on each.

I honestly couldn't tell you, sorry.

I would assume the mix is the same.

I found a new copy of 'Al Green - Greatest Hits' DVD-A today.

It must have been on the shelf for seven years.

I'm amazed at how much bottom end this disc has.

I used to be looking for that one a few months ago until I traded for the Hybrid.

Are you sure it's the hybrid? The hybrid SACD version of Toto IV isn't available in North America. However, there're 2 single-layer SACD versions....the 2 channel stereo only version (pictured below on the left) and the multi-channel version (right)....

586116094_220c83ee4b_m.jpg
586115496_03e4800233_m.jpg

Are you sure it's the hybrid? The hybrid SACD version of Toto IV isn't available in North America. However, there're 2 single-layer SACD versions....the 2 channel stereo only version (pictured below on the left) and the multi-channel version (right)....

586116094_220c83ee4b_m.jpg
586115496_03e4800233_m.jpg

Mine is. BB had the one on the right.

I think with the same wrinkle on the slip cover. :)

Last edited:
I found the following Dvda's at a local store going out of business.
If anyone needs these, I could pick them up tomorrow(pm me), I think it would cost about 10 dollars per disk and shipping(I am in Canada, so I would only charge what it cost me to ship).

Alanis Morissette-under rug swept
Seal 4
Barenaked Ladies-Maroon
Midnight Oil-Capricornia
Ministry-animositisominia
everclear-so much for the afterglow
rem-monster,green,reveal,adventures in high fi,automatic for people(these are all the 2 disk versions)
bt-monster
medaski,martin and wood

sacd's

Bob Dylan-Blond on blonde
billy joel-innocent man
alice in chains-greatest hits
areosmith-toys in the attic

I could also work out a trade if anyone has these in dvda,

doobie brothers,foreigner 4,alice cooper-nightmare,richard thompson,t rex,deep purple

peter

... and 'Automatic For The People' please.

PM sent.

For $10 each kids... get your orders in for the man.

hey fellow surround lovers. I don't mind helping out whoever has posted me and if anyone else gets to me before i head out tomorrow. I know I could have put a higher price on some of the titles but just thought if i could help someone else out, great, hopefully someone can help me out as well. I still am hoping someone will be able to trade as that would be my first choice and a trade gets first choice of titles. Not trying to back peddle on price as I should have clarified that the 10 dollars is a rough guess(might be between 10-15 dollars plus shipping with tax's added and store is about 30 minutes drive from where i live), as long as those that have Pm's understand it might be a few dollars more due to that then you don't have to repost me, I will let you know if titles were still there. Last thing is I'm new to shipping things out so please be patient.

There were multiple copies of the REM titles and 2 Seal 4's as well, 2 Midnight Oils as well.

thanks, peter.

I can give you some pointers on shipping to the U.S. and within Canada if you like. I've done it a couple of times. :)

Send me a PM.

If you're considering trades, I've found it to be an excellent way of sharing the finds.

I don't think any of the gang who have responded are going to be concerned over a few dollars difference.

Thanks for those that pm'd me.
I was able to find following and have sent back pm's to those that responded to me.

Seal 4(got a pm from 2 people so it is spoken for)
Midnight Oil-Capricornia
Billy Joel-Innocent Man

I picked up these as well so if anyone wants to trade something, please pm me:

REM-Adventures in HIFI(2 disk,cd/dvda)
REM-Reveal(2 disk,cd/dvda)
Alanis Morissette-Under Rug Swept

they did still have copies of Rem Green and Monster but I had spent to much money(bought a bunch of cd's),other Rem titles were gone. So if someone wants these please pm me and I'll check if they are still there. I know these are readily available on net still so might not be much demand, they are sealed new copies though.

Here was the surprise find and I am keeping unless someone has a great trade.

Bjork-Vespertine DVDA
Steely Dan-Two Against Nature DVDA

thanks, peter

Back