DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for those that pm'd me.
I was able to find following and have sent back pm's to those that responded to me.

Seal 4(got a pm from 2 people so it is spoken for)
Midnight Oil-Capricornia
Billy Joel-Innocent Man

I picked up these as well so if anyone wants to trade something, please pm me:

REM-Adventures in HIFI(2 disk,cd/dvda)
REM-Reveal(2 disk,cd/dvda)
Alanis Morissette-Under Rug Swept

they did still have copies of Rem Green and Monster but I had spent to much money(bought a bunch of cd's),other Rem titles were gone. So if someone wants these please pm me and I'll check if they are still there. I know these are readily available on net still so might not be much demand, they are sealed new copies though.

Here was the surprise find and I am keeping unless someone has a great trade.

Bjork-Vespertine DVDA
Steely Dan-Two Against Nature DVDA

thanks, peter

Was up at the North Van A&B today and they were pretty picked through.
So you're the guy who grabbed them, eh ? ;)

I've bought quite a few myself (too many) and considered getting the Seal the last time I was there.

They have one copy of REM New Adventures in HiFi misfiled in the regular CD section.

Nice scag on the Steely Dan DVDA!

I still remember when Tower Records was going under. I looked at and put back 3 Steely Dans of the same title and one Simple Minds Golden Dream DVDA...

Glad you didn't hesitate like I did!

Nice scag on the Steely Dan DVDA!

I still remember when Tower Records was going under. I looked at and put back 3 Steely Dans of the same title and one Simple Minds Golden Dream DVDA...

Glad you didn't hesitate like I did!

Thanks, not sure if my wife would agree on me doing the right thing :)

Anyways, one of the Bob's here sent me a PM saying check hmv japan for the Foreigner 4(Eagles Hotel California and Yes Fragile also listed available) as he said he just got a copy of the Foreigner a week ago.
Well just checked and it shows that they have it. As well I have ordered again if they really do have:

Doobie Brothers-Captain and Me
Deep Purple-Machine Head(DvdA)
Queensryche-Tribe
Alice Cooper-Welcome to My Nightmare

If these actually all ship, this is going to be a expensive but rewarding month for getting some hard to find titles.

I don't know if anyone is looking for these SACDs, but I just purchased them from amazon.co.uk at really low prices....

A Secret Wish - Propaganda
Vertigo - Groove Amanda
Daft - The Art of Noise

Could someone keep an eye out for me on the following two jazz titles? Although I have many connections online, these are hard to find, especially at sane and reasonable prices.

Weather Report - Mysterious Traveller SACD
Fourplay - s/t DVD-A

PM me if you come across one.

Thanks,
Dan

--->> $177 <<---

Correctly identified as a SACD in the vendor description ( so no regular CD mistake).

Looks like someone picked up the Queen DVDA as well. Hope it was someone here!

Edit: ANATO was $17 if anyone wanted to know.

Last edited:
Hey nightflight75, if you haven't done so already, you might want to set up an e-mail alert at eBay.com, Amazon.com and half.ebay.com for that Scorpions disc or anything else you might fancy. All 3 sites basically scan the item page once a day and if there's a copy for sale, it e-mails you and then it's up to you and the hands of time to grab it or lose it. As always, let me know if you need help with it.

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan-

I'm familiar with the Ebay and Half ones.

Is there a way to get an alert from Amazon besides actually pre-ordering the item? I don't like the idea of my card being automatically charged for something that may have been incorrectly listed by the seller, especially if my pre-order price limit is somewhat high. Amazon does have something called an "available to order" notification that doesn't seem to work for this title.

Thanks,
-Andy

I found copies of 'Shaman' (which I'm keeping) and another pristine sealed copy of 'Buena Vista Social Club' today.

I'm going to offer BVSC up in the swap thread once I get a scan.

I left behind copies of 'Sea Change', 'Mysterious Traveller', 'Long Gone Before Daylight', and 'Hopes And Fears'.

Last edited:
For those of you looking for the SUPER FURRY ANIMALS - LOVE KRAFTSACD, the description from this ebay seller seems to match the right copy (description and UPC code). Not a bad price at about $13 us shipped from the UK.

Nice find tiggers, thank you! For everyone else interested in this offer, do NOT do Buy It Now. Make a reasonable offer less than the BIN price and you'll be pleased. I'll let everyone know how I fare with this. Hopefully, this is the real deal.

Thanks again tiggers,
Josh

I left behind copies of 'Sea Change', 'Mysterious Traveller', 'Long Gone Before Daylight', and 'Hopes And Fears'.
filper, if you could get 'Long Gone Before Daylight' for me, I'd get you almost anything - you name it!
(my SACD collection is here)

Wow, that's pretty steep. But I might have bought it if I saw it first.....

Thanks!

I know a lot of you will consider it really silly, but I got the Scorpions SACD as soon as I saw it. I have been looking for it since I got my player (which costed less than the disc). Although I have never paid that amount of money for a disc before, I would surely trade other various 17 sacd's that I have and rarely listen to, for it. I had my doubts if the disc would be a SACD, but it was, brand new and sealed. By the way, I also managed to buy the Cardigans SACD last month for something like U$22, from an Korean e-tailer, named Metavox, also brand new and sealed. I didn't listen to it yet, although I opened it to see if the disc was inside. To get it, I had to buy other two discs, to add for the minimum value for an international order. I opened and listened to Moment of Glory, and the Scorpions SACD is great. Some time ago I got BOTR DTS disc from other Korean e-tailer for $18 or $19. Like most people here, I don't speak korean, but I got trough the site.

I rarely post and my english is poor, but someone asked if the buyer was in the forum.

Thanks for the great topics.(y)

gsm

Back