DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info, it seems the ones I want are long OOP so I ended up stopping at Best Buy today but didn't anything eventful. Just a DSOTM and NIN SACD and a Marvin Gaye DVDA. I unfortunately got my hopes up when an employee asked me if I needed help and I said I was looking for SACDs and DVDAs. The stated the were low on stock since the no longer ordered any but they knew they had the Santana SACD since she just put it back in its place yesterday. I ran over to look for it but it was gone. Either the employee was wrong or I just missed it!
You may also wish to try e-bay. I was fortunate to get in from the outset, but waited for rumours and was lucky enough to get it for $40.00 (us) at amazon. as far as oop many dvd-audio discs went, much to the dismay of many. ( see the qq shocker list here). BB and CC used to have displays set up for both formats, and all @ $20.00 per!! ahh the good old days.

For those of you with access to the Classifieds at SHF, 'kdbrink' is offering some extremely rare HiRes Surround titles for sale.

Some still sealed. A HiRes newbie's dream in my opinion:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=178015

(If you aren't an 'active' member The Classifieds will not be visible on your browser)

Good luck !

I've traded with Ken before. Great guy.

Its not in store but I found some great Deals here.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spring-Deal...30031,p_n_binding_browse-bin:382529011&page=1
Most will drop in price during checkout if you don't live in the UK and I picked up Tommy(7.81), Brother in Arms(8.77), Moody Blues Days of Future Passed(7.63), Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde (4.33), and Elton John Captain Fantastic(6.16) all for 41.74 which came out to $61.58 shipped to the states. There were a lot of other great deals not listed there such as the Bob Dylan and Elton John but it takes some time to find them. The same order would have cost about $118 if buying from amazon.com

thanks for the info! I bought the mickey heart dvd audio, the +44 SACD (the latter mostly because it was cheap) and all of the Yello remasters - if only they were in surround/hi-res...

hmh, I received the package but, unlike the description, the +44 was just a redbook CD. Is there a SACD out there at all?

offtopic comment, but since they are on offer - the Yello remasters sound great and decode well in Pliix! I f only they issued at least a DVD in surround, the clips would be worth it too...

Its not in store but I found some great Deals here.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spring-Deal...30031,p_n_binding_browse-bin:382529011&page=1
Most will drop in price during checkout if you don't live in the UK and I picked up Tommy(7.81), Brother in Arms(8.77), Moody Blues Days of Future Passed(7.63), Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde (4.33), and Elton John Captain Fantastic(6.16) all for 41.74 which came out to $61.58 shipped to the states. There were a lot of other great deals not listed there such as the Bob Dylan and Elton John but it takes some time to find them. The same order would have cost about $118 if buying from amazon.com

Thank you for this info! I just received my copy of "Days of Future Passed" Deluxe Edition for $15.00 shipped!

J. D.

Hi! I just got an SACD/DVD-A player (I know...late to the party), and have started hunting for discs. Two that I'd really like to find at a reasonable price are:

Beck - Sea Change
Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker

If there are any must have multi-channel discs that are easy to find, please recommend some for me.

Also, I was looking through used discs at a store today, and came across the following (this is all from memory, so I may not have the details correct):

Alannis Morissette - Under Rug Swept
Ben Allison & Medicine Wheel - Riding the Nuclear Tiger (I might go back and pick this one up...I hadn't heard of him/them before, but after looking online, it sound like it might be worthwhile)
Bruce Dickinson - Balls to Picasso
Disturbed - Believe
Dokken - Erase the Slate
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard (DTS..I believe)
Geoff Tate - Geoff Tate
Gus Black - Uncivilized Love
Living Color - Collideoscope
SHeDaisy - The Whole SHeBANG
Sheryl Crow - The Globe Sessions (DTS, not DVD-A)

If anyone is interested in the above discs, let me know and I'll pick up any that are still available. Note, they are used and were priced between $6 - $8 (plus shipping).

Last edited:
TommyTunes at SHF just offered these up.

You need to be an active member to view it...

DVD-A's Genesis, T Rex, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac ETC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping is $4 per disc in US except for Genesis which is $9.
All are DVD-A's
Genesis – Box Peter Gabriel Era – DVD/NTSC Sealed $100
Chicago - V – Sealed $40
Eagles – Hotel California Sealed $60
Fleetwood Mac – Rumours $60
Fleetwood Mac – Say You Will – Sealed $35
Natalie Merchant – Tigerlily $50
Metallica – The Black Album $60
Linda Ronstadt – Nelson Riddle $40
Steely Dan – Everything Must Go – Sealed $60
Stone Temple Pilots – Core – Sealed $35
T. Rex – Electric Warrior – Sealed $90

Good luck !

Tommy's description of the Genesis set as DVD-A is wrong of course and I pointed that out last time I saw the set offered there.

Chris

Tommy's description of the Genesis set as DVD-A is wrong of course and I pointed that out last time I saw the set offered there.

Chris

And for a guy that's one of the bigger audiophools there you'd think he'd know better.

$9 shipping? Is he including a cinder block? Christ!

I am admiring you because you have the sacd version of the cardigans' long before daylight. I love this album and I am desperately looking for the SACD version. It is the same with Sarah Brightman's album 'Eden'.

If you knew a place where I could get them, I would be very happy...

I am admiring you because you have the sacd version of the cardigans' long before daylight. I love this album and I am desperately looking for the SACD version. It is the same with Sarah Brightman's album 'Eden'.

If you knew a place where I could get them, I would be very happy...

If you are addressing me, all I can wish you is best of luck... I haven't seen a copy in a looooong time.

Hi everyone,

A couple of copies of the very, very rare Indigo Girls - Become You [Multichannel SACD] are available from Amazon.com Marketplace sellers in used condition, but for less than $12 shipped! Grab them while you can!

Happy shopping!
Josh :)

Any experience with these sellers? Do they catalog accurately? I'm just leery that it's the regular CD version without anything explicitly saying it's the SACD.

Any experience with these sellers? Do they catalog accurately? I'm just leery that it's the regular CD version without anything explicitly saying it's the SACD.

I just bought one from secondspin a few days ago and was surprised that they posted yet another copy this weekend. It arrived on Saturday and it indeed was the Multichannel SACD version. It is not in perfect condition, the disc does have some light surface scratches, which is what I would expect for a very good rating. However, I really don't think one can complain about that for <$12 shipped on a super rare disc. The disc is 100% guaranteed so I'll spin it this week to make sure it's okay, but I think I got a great deal! (y) :D

Worst case scenario is that you have to return it because it was improperly listed. But, I am confident that at least secondspin has it listed correctly.

Hope this helps!

I just bought one from secondspin a few days ago and was surprised that they posted yet another copy this weekend. It arrived on Saturday and it indeed was the Multichannel SACD version. It is not in perfect condition, the disc does have some light surface scratches, which is what I would expect for a very good rating. However, I really don't think one can complain about that for <$12 shipped on a super rare disc. The disc is 100% guaranteed so I'll spin it this week to make sure it's okay, but I think I got a great deal! (y) :D

Worst case scenario is that you have to return it because it was improperly listed. But, I am confident that at least secondspin has it listed correctly.

Hope this helps!

Well partner, hope you are right as I took plunge and ordered this disk. I have sent a email to secondspin asking for them to verify that it is a sacd. I have been burned a few times with wrong disk's sent so hope this isn't one of them. Funny thing is I sent a email to a different reseller a couple of months ago for this same title verifying that it was a Sacd and by time I got email back saying yes it is it got snagged by someone else.

peter

.... Funny thing is I sent a email to a different reseller a couple of months ago for this same title verifying that it was a Sacd and by time I got email back saying yes it is it got snagged by someone else.

Or worse, the seller checks for why your asking and see's the inflated price of other sellers. Then responds by tripling the original asking price...

Also, Just saw another copy from secondspin. Instead of waiting to see if it was really a SACD or CD I took the Vegas route and went ahead and ordered it.

Back