DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look like Don C really moved some product today at 5point1. He should at least get a free disc! :D

I found these guys about a month ago but wanted to hold off given their high prices. As Jon points out, given ebay prices and lots of European vendors that claim to have these discs but never seem to deliver (my current issue), its time to strike while these are available at less than 50 bucks. I ordered the Foreigners from here on the 23rd. We'll see how long it takes them to arrive.

I found these guys about a month ago but wanted to hold off given their high prices. As Jon points out, given ebay prices and lots of European vendors that claim to have these discs but never seem to deliver (my current issue), its time to strike while these are available at less than 50 bucks. I ordered the Foreigners from here on the 23rd. We'll see how long it takes them to arrive.

I found the site a long time ago, but at that time the prices were the highest of any I had seen. Now they are only the highest for the Silverline titles and the only site showing stock for some of the other titles.

Did you get an order confirmation email?

Chris

I just found a new copy of Take 6 DVD-A on half.com for $13.

There are still quite a few reasonably priced DVD-As for sale at half.com, including Greatful Dead - American Beauty ($16) and Steely Dan - Everything Must Go ($12).

There are a lot of other discs there for less than $16 that I own and truly enjoy, including Gorden Goodwin's Big Phat Band (both discs), Don Grusin - The Hang, Graham Nash, Phillip Glass, and Eric Clapton - Reptile.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your new order but the company is currently being sold and we are not fulfilling SACD or DVD Audio orders at this time.

Sorry for that. We will cancel your order here.

Best,

Steve

SendMeMovies.com Inc.

Machine Head 1 left at futureshop.ca
I think they might get more, as they get the disc sent back by the stores.

The site isn't the most organized thing in the world. That's hard to believe for a Grateful Dead fan site, isn't it? :D I just checked and both Crosby and Workingman's Dead are still there. Click on the link and then do a search for DVD-Audio or Workingman's Dead. It'll pop up either on the first or second "search page."

Or, try this:

http://www.gdforum.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=DVDA-WORKINGMANS&reference=/cgi-bin/shopper%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dworking+man's+dead%26searchstart%3D15%26template%3DTemplates/SearchResult.html

Thanks Stormchaser, one day too late for me. Just bought Rumours from the UK and it shipped yesterday. Couldn't find it anywhere else for cheaper than the UK. Doesn't it figure though that as soon as you give up searching and give in and import that you read about it being in a store just down the road....

I ordered Workingman's Dead from this place today and received a confirmation email. They also claim to have Crosby's IICORMN and Rumours.

http://www.gdforum.com/store/index.html

They also have the Dead's American Beauty. If you find the Workingman's Dead then click on "more dvd-a" then it comes up. Otherwise it didn't show on the search. Hope they really have it, not just list it. This thread has me spending too much money, thanks a lot :banana:

Jeeeeezzzz!:eek: I have spent nearly 8 bills in the last month catching stuff I have not gotten around to yet including 2 or 3 copies of the tuff ones. And there is a bunch more I still need! The $ tree is looking pretty bare! But I'm up to about 190 hirez disc's now. Hope my daughter gets a scholarship for college, she may need it!;)

I not sure why I bought Foreigner, but now I can't get it out of my head.

No, he totally is (heh heh).

Always nice to see another Todd fan, especially one into surround.

Todd is God (kinda)!
Yea I'm a big fan of his 70's stuff but the saying always cracked me up and seemed silly even though "A Wizard A True Star" (side one) and "Todd" had a big effect on my musical taste!

His surround titles suck!:(

Thanks for the help Solaris, But 5point1 came through perfectly. Deep Purple-Machine Head was sitting in my mailbox when I got home from work today. Factory Sealed. I'm curious about this SACD I keep reading about, Because the mix on the DVD-A is awsome!!! I picked up all the Moody Blues SACD's, and those mixes are a little light, IMHO. I wonder... OK, Now the big question? How am i going to find a copy of ELP-Brain Salad?

Last edited:
Back