DVD-A & SACD Lookout List!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anybody stumbles upon a hidden stash of Groove Armada sacds - namely Love Box and Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub) I'd be thrilled.

Just FYI, HMV.co.jp has Vertigo here. As usual, the price is very reasonable. I know this isn't specifically what you asked for, but just in case.

Never heard of this band. . .I'll have to hear some sample tracks.

Good luck!
Josh

Just FYI, HMV.co.jp has Vertigo here. As usual, the price is very reasonable. I know this isn't specifically what you asked for, but just in case.

Never heard of this band. . .I'll have to hear some sample tracks.

Good luck!
Josh

Good wild mix (at least on Vertigo) not really my type of music, but fun. Sometimes I just get it into my head that I NEED a certain disc and search high and low for it. None to be found. One of them (I don't remember which) sold for over $100 last time it was on eBay. That's a bit much for me. But, after a copy of Metallica's DVD-A sold for over $100 on eBay I picked up a copy on the internet for $17, so it doesn't hurt to look. Bidders on eBay have been known to overpay.

Best Buy in Burlington, Ontario...

As of today on the shelf; Metallica 'Black Album' DVD-A (2 copies).
Tons of Elton's SACD's including 'Madman' and 'GYBR' including the 3 disc set.
Stones 'Singles Collection' SACD.
Diana Krall SACD's - 2 titles.
'461 Ocean Blvd.' and 'Slowhand'.
A Telarc sampler - Vol. II
At least 4 Oscar Peterson SACD's.
Herman's Hermits SACD.
'JT' SACD.
Beck 'Sea Change' SACD.

... and formerly a copy of T-Rex 'Electric Warrior' SACD (I got it for a buddy).
I scored a copy of '52nd Street' and 'Metallica' for me.

As of today on the shelf; Metallica 'Black Album' DVD-A (2 copies).
Tons of Elton's SACD's including 'Madman' and 'GYBR' including the 3 disc set.
Stones 'Singles Collection' SACD.
Diana Krall SACD's - 2 titles.
'461 Ocean Blvd.' and 'Slowhand'.
A Telarc sampler - Vol. II
At least 4 Oscar Peterson SACD's.
Herman's Hermits SACD.
'JT' SACD.
Beck 'Sea Change' SACD.

... and formerly a copy of T-Rex 'Electric Warrior' SACD (I got it for a buddy).
I scored a copy of '52nd Street' and 'Metallica' for me.

In Silicon Valley, you'll find SACDs in a separate section at the Best Buy in San Carlos.

And over at Fry's in Palo Alto, they still have an extensive collection of low cost SACDs - including both the Ray Charles + Count Basie on Telarc and Dark Side of the Moon for only $14.99 each!

In Silicon Valley, you'll find SACDs in a separate section at the Best Buy in San Carlos.

And over at Fry's in Palo Alto, they still have an extensive collection of low cost SACDs - including both the Ray Charles + Count Basie on Telarc and Dark Side of the Moon for only $14.99 each!

We need a Fry's here in the North Bay, I don't like driving to Concod. Those East Bay drivers are nuts!

Just FYI folks, Amazon.com still sells a large selection of SACDs (and still some DVD-As) and if you keep the SACDs in your "save for later" cart, Amazon often discounts them to $14.99 from $18.98, if not cheaper. Get free shipping with $25 or more, use your Amazon.com Visa for 3% cash back, and pay no sales tax.

Best,
Josh

Last edited:

Most of the Best Buys around here removed their hi-rez sections in December to accomodate a Christmas CD section.

The Christmas CDs are gone, of course, and the hi-rez has not come back.

I think only two of the stores still have a (severely depleted) hi-rez section. :mad:

We need a Fry's here in the North Bay, I don't like driving to Concord. Those East Bay drivers are nuts!

They have all sorts of goodies to be sure. My brother visited one down in the San Diego area today and found both the Dark Side of the Moon and Ray Charles + Count Basie SACDs there for $14.99 as well.

Good stuff !

Anyone having any luck with HMV.co.jp yet? Most of my items are still on order, but the Two Against Nature and Everything Must Go DVD-As are now in stock and "ready" in my order, so some progress is being made!

Keep us posted!
Josh

well I rdered everything must go on the 11th and Foreigner 1 on the 12 and both arrived today. Reasealable bags with Obis and Jap translations and for not much more with postage that what HMV were selling DVDA's for in store when you could find them.(y)(y)

Most impressed.

Looks like i have a good lot of listening to do this week.
I only just got the Bsss communion disc last week.

Who says DVDA is dead !!:eek:

well I rdered everything must go on the 11th and Foreigner 1 on the 12 and both arrived today..(y)(y)

Most impressed.

Who says DVDA is dead !!:eek:

:banana:

Now that's what I'm talking about! Congrats! Another satisfied HMV.co.jp customer! I'm still at the same spot I was a couple of days ago, but I know they are doing their best to come through for me.

Enjoy those discs (I have the self-titled Foreigner and enjoy it very much!) and long-live DVD-A! :phones
Josh

I tried to order Hotel California and several other rare titles from HMV.co.jp. I was just informed that Hotel California will not be available. I'm still waiting to hear about Fragile and Rumours.

I tried to order Hotel California and several other rare titles from HMV.co.jp. I was just informed that Hotel California will not be available. I'm still waiting to hear about Fragile and Rumours.

Crap! :( Sorry to hear that etzeppy, I guess they weren't kidding when they said "Limited Availability", arrgh! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the other two.

I just check my order and they canceled my Grateful Dead - American Beauty DVD-A. Oh well, 1 down, 2 confirmed, 2 to go.

Best,
Josh

Ditto for my Kamakiriad. It was too good to be true...:(

Hmmm, I guess that's my fate too elroy! Last night they sent me an e-mail asking me if I wanted to continue my order as it was taking longer than expected to receive Kamakiriad. I said "yes" (it's worth waiting for!). Looks like eventually they'll cancel mine as well. Odd that we got two different responses regarding this disc though. Unlike Hotel California for etzeppy and American Beauty for me, the product page for this DVD-A still says "For Order" instead of "Deleted".

Best,
Josh

I just noticed on my JP copies of discs, that they were all manufactured in Germany. I assume teh JP transalations and Obis etc were added later.

Thankfully I got all i ordered and wanted.

Everything must go (at last) and Foreigner 1

I have been checking all different sellers as well looking for ELP-Brain Salad Surgery and Foreigner 4 and Carly Simon-No Secrets and low and behold over the last few days have found them at Amazon uk site and at good prices as well(around $20's per title). For fun I put in quantity of 10 per title to see how many I could order and it looks like there were about 5 available for each title. All the titles are from reseller(CAIMAN), I have ordered from them before and haven't had a problem so far. Not sure where they got them from but I was glad to finally be able to get them. Steely Dan-Everything must go,Greatful Dead 2 titles available as well.
Here's link for one of them.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...1_olp_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1203615551&sr=1-4
Happy hunting......

peter

I have been checking all different sellers as well looking for ELP-Brain Salad Surgery and Foreigner 4 and Carly Simon-No Secrets and low and behold over the last few days have found them at Amazon uk site and at good prices as well(around $20's per title). For fun I put in quantity of 10 per title to see how many I could order and it looks like there were about 5 available for each title. All the titles are from reseller(CAIMAN), I have ordered from them before and haven't had a problem so far. Not sure where they got them from but I was glad to finally be able to get them. Steely Dan-Everything must go,Greatful Dead 2 titles available as well.
Here's link for one of them.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...1_olp_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1203615551&sr=1-4
Happy hunting......

peter

I've had good success ordering SACDs from Caiman over the last year or so. Definitely recommend them !

Back