Ellis Marsalis - Ruminations In New York

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsulzinger

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I just discovered this and could not find a thread about it so i will assume it is under the radar. This is a 2004 DVD-A recorded in Sonature 5.1 (whatever that means) on the Elm records label. I found an old article on the net stating that ESP disk would be releasing their entire catalog on DVD-A but upon contacting ESP customer service I was told that the Ellis Marsalis disc was the only one to surface. It is a disc of fine Jazz solo piano from the father of Wynton and Branford. As far as I know this can still be found at a reasonable price from the usual places.

http://www.amazon.com/Ruminations-N...59176&sr=8-5&keywords=ruminations+in+new+york

41o2v5e0JvL.jpg

I just discovered this and could not find a thread about it so i will assume it is under the radar. This is a 2004 DVD-A recorded in Sonature 5.1 (whatever that means) on the Elm records label. I found an old article on the net stating that ESP disk would be releasing their entire catalog on DVD-A but upon contacting ESP customer service I was told that the Ellis Marsalis disc was the only one to surface. It is a disc of fine Jazz solo piano from the father of Wynton and Branford. As far as I know this can still be found at a reasonable price from the usual places.

MARSALIS,ELLIS - Ruminations in New York - Amazon.com Music

41o2v5e0JvL.jpg
Bump-

Hey Sulzinger, just found this other DVD-A & undated LP, and found your old thread with a Sonature search here.

per discogs,
parent label - ESP Disk

Thought they might be derived from an old Quad of Sun Ra's; but didn't find any such listing in any of Mark Anderson's database, so could possibly be up-mixed bootlegs of some kind?

You're probably thinking "about damn time someone noticed" :LOL:

Back