Elton John - Honky Chateau SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlane3

Since 2002/2003
I just bought this title from BMG direct and noticed that the surround tracks are elton john, but the stereo tracks are eric clapton - layla . Anyone else with this disc have this same problem?

carlane3 said:
I just bought this title from BMG direct and noticed that the surround tracks are elton john, but the stereo tracks are eric clapton - layla . Anyone else with this disc have this same problem?

Sounds like a collectors item to me!!

Barry

carlane3 said:

Mine is the normal version - with Honky Chateau on all layers.

Hmmmm two for the price of one :banana:

Ohhhh wait, you mean you were expecting EJ on the other layer :eek:

So much for that new format.

carlane3 said:

I've heard that some of the BMG/Yourmusic discs were manufactured this way. I've yet to hear about a store-bought version.

There are some posts about this over at the Steve Hoffman forums!

Foxman said:
Hmmmm two for the price of one :banana:

Ohhhh wait, you mean you were expecting EJ on the other layer :eek:

So much for that new format.
New format?

Is there an open bottle of glue on this forum? Some weird posts lately.

Received mine last week from yourmusic.com. Elton John on all tracks.

It may be isolated to a single mold at the factory that wasn't changed out. It may be hit or miss as to which disks are wrong and BMG would probably have to go through all of their stock to find them (which would hardly be worth their effort.)

Robkyle said:
Received mine last week from yourmusic.com. Elton John on all tracks.

It may be isolated to a single mold at the factory that wasn't changed out. It may be hit or miss as to which disks are wrong and BMG would probably have to go through all of their stock to find them (which would hardly be worth their effort.)

Im just glad the surround tracks are correct on this disc. That's the main reason I bought it.

Back