Eric Clapton / The Definitive 24 Nights Atmos BOX SET (3 BluRay/6 CD) 6/23/2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much Eric Clapton and how many versions of the same songs can I listen to of EC.
EC, I am falling into burn out.
with you there somewhat, MarkyMark.. 👌😆

although.. there's potential for some nice Atmos in this set.. 🤔

although.. deep down inside i fear we may get tame Surround presentations after all.. 🧐

ahh.. let's see! 👀👍

yours truly,

Al Though
(kisses on the bottom) 💋 🍑

How much Eric Clapton and how many versions of the same songs can I listen to of EC.
EC, I am falling into burn out.
That's one of his classic performances that I've had on DVD for a long time. I certainly can appreciate you're point of view. Also, it is an old Live show; so how much that can be expected from a surround sound perspective I believe, will be the typical audience in the rears (and if Atmos just upper venue ambience) type affair.

That's one of his classic performances that I've had on DVD for a long time. I certainly can appreciate you're point of view. Also, it is an old Live show; so how much that can be expected from a surround sound perspective I believe, will be the typical audience in the rears (and if Atmos just upper venue ambience) type affair.
that, my dear Pupster, will make eschewing a £180 6CD/3BD box set all the easier! 😆😋

It's not one show, it's three (which itself are composites of various shows, apparently). One of the three sets is with a full orchestra, including a concerto written by Michael Kamen that hasn't been officially released yet with EC on guitar.

I would assume that at least this orchestral set has something to offer surround-wise.

Arrrrh. F@&k. Past lives and memories. 24 nights lead me to change my life.

I’m the early 90’s living in Bendigo, Victoria, Australia I purchased my first hifi system at 22 and it cost more than my car. Luxman amplification, Polk M10 v2 speakers and a pioneer reference stable platter CD play that played discs upside down on a turntable. And in these early years was the legendary 24nights live double CD. I lived a world away from Eric, had no aspersions to travel beyond Fiji or Bali. I was so inspired by the 24nights live album, I listened to that album over a hundred times. That call of “Eric” and the beautiful sounds. I would dream being there. But never believed I would travel to Europe. And I never saw the video until 10 years later.

But then a girl from Scotland told me about England and the Royal Albert Hall, English music festivals. 3 years later in 95 I went to England to visit and do only two things, see Eric Clapton at the Royal Albert Hall, and visit Findhorn retreat center in Scotland. In 95 I paid £75 to sit two rows up from the inner circle at the Hall to see Eric. “The Annual Dust-Up” began and my life changed forever. It was FUCKING AMAZING and better than those CDs. Item 1 on the bucket list completed. It was supposed to be a short trip, but 10 years later I left. Eric won me over.

2 years later in 97 with a childhood friend I would see Eric Clapton play in Hyde Park. Concert started at midday with some new girl opening called Alanis, followed by some old guy called Bob singing about changing times who also had this other old guy called Ronnie playing guitar, and after them Jools Holland, then the who did quadraphenia live with Gilmour, Gary Glittef before he shortly after went to jail, and then Eric.

Years later at 2am I’d get a phone call from my younger sister who was travelling with the who and had Roger on the phone thanking me for educating her on old rock music (released when I was like 3).

The butterfly effect. I’ve seen many great gigs at the Royal Albert Hall, and missed some too. I love the place, love 24 nights live, would pay anything for it, and will buy this release.

But trust me when I say this, or maybe don’t take my word for it, take Edward Collins’s word, “I’d be a Moran” to think an Atmos version will enhance the recording from a hall that does a great job of making one feel they are close to the front stage at all times.

If you don’t get the Edward Collins reference listen to last hidden track on Gorgeous George ‘Moran’ singing about the Royal Albert Hall.

“Music won’t take you higher unless your a Moran”

I am a Moran!

Here is a fact: the live in Hyde Park recording sounded nothing like the sound of the event. It was so clean it wasn’t representative. I lost that feeling of the actual true experience.

I’ve been to Glastonbury Festival 7 times sbc those BBC records sound they way it does live.

So in summary of this lengthy story, I question will this recording be closer to the real sound of the concert or even further away. I’m Eternally Grateful for 24nights live!

PS: listen to Edward Collins:
- The Campaign for Real Rock and The song is an impersonation. At 4:45 you hear Edward being Edward.
The entire album Gorgeous George is a great end to end play. I like spring it out at a pool party or BBQ people are like “Who is this?
Is this new?” Nope it’s one that got away unless you lived in the UK like Paul Weller’s ‘Stanley Road’ that stayed in the top 10 for over 52 weeks. Blah blah blah.

Layla orchestral version is already in Apple Music in Atmos, so we know Atmos will be available in streaming (god knows why it's not advertised in the Blu-rays). Tame mix, with kind of same audio in the rears as in the fronts.
It's an excellent concert nonetheless, I may go for it despite of its crazy price.

I like the concept of 24 nights in ATMOS, but i agree that it's old and the mix just wouldn't be discrete music in the surrounds and uppers....

Layla orchestral version is already in Apple Music in Atmos, so we know Atmos will be available in streaming (god knows why it's not advertised in the Blu-rays). Tame mix, with kind of same audio in the rears as in the fronts.
It's an excellent concert nonetheless, I may go for it despite of its crazy price.
nice one! 👍
that's just saved me £180 quid 😅

Back