Eric Clapton / The Definitive 24 Nights Atmos BOX SET (3 BluRay/6 CD) 6/23/2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much Eric Clapton and how many versions of the same songs can I listen to of EC.
I posted in #2 the above.
As I am listening now via Apple, I am very pleased to say the versions EC does are the same of course but with completely differnt twists on many songs. Can't Find My Way Home, totally different, EC seems to back off on his guitar just at the right time.
Can't wait to get the Blu Ray and see Albert Collins playing, what a treat.

Listening/watching now Blu Ray 1 Rock Music..
Box set construction and contents, very classy. Like those old Atlantic and Chess Box sets feel.
Liner notes, real good.
Menu graphics very easy to use. Two choices only, Stereo and Dolby Atmos.
Video side bar black bars and sometimes letter box black bars. Video quality fair to good.
Camera work fair to good, style of back then.
Eric is great. His hair is two different lengths during the performance over the course of a year.
Surround Atmos, typical Live Concert style, all ambient, surround bed and (heights-weak). Better experience than the stereo option.
Overall experience, relaxing and enjoyable.
Nice to have this release.
Personally, the streaming version is no better no worse from an audio point of view.
I will rip the ATMOS but rather than bother with a fold down in the car, I'll just listen to the stereo in the car.

Box set construction and contents, very classy. Like those old Atlantic and Chess Box sets feel.
Liner notes, real good.
Video side bar black bars and sometimes letter box black bars. Video quality fair to good.
Eric is great. His hair is two different lengths during the performance over the course of a year.
Surround Atmos, typical Live Concert style, all ambient, surround bed and (heights-weak). Better experience than the stereo option.
Personally, the streaming version is no better no worse from an audio point of view.
I will rip the ATMOS but rather than bother with a fold down in the car, I'll just listen to the stereo in the car.

I don't own (and don't intend to) the boxset. Just sampled the Atmos on Apple. I think it sounds pretty nice. Certainly the Atmos gives it a very full presentation. Nothing discreet, per se. It wouldn't diminish my enjoyment on this particular title I don't think.

Liner notes, real good.
Good to hear. Just received mine. I agree with the packaging comments. Tomorrow I will watch. To me this is the Holy Grail of concert releases and a must have.

Just started Blu Ray #2 The Blues, this is gonna be good.

I read in the liner notes, by David Fricke, that one month after the 1991 Orchestra show in this box set, Eric's son Connor fell from the new York balcony and died.
I thought that was sad and interesting it was one month after this show. From a high to a lower than low.

Last edited:
The only think that is annoying with this set is the volume level. I can't get it up to where I would like it. The only song on the 3 disc set that has a higher volume is Wonderful Tonight on Disc 1. I guess I am saving my ears. With all the other tracks 82 db is the highest peak that I can register.

I'm Watching the Blues concert first, on Blu-ray.

Definitely a volume issue, so I wacked it up!! Sorry neighbours 😅

Eric just gets his guitars to purr.

Mix is as per most live shows but it is clear and with Atmos you do feel that you're right in the middle of these fantastic series of shows.

There are just too many releases coming out now with what I regard as errors in the mastering/mixing. This one generally requires about a 9DB boost which is really not acceptable for the price that is being charged..

This one generally requires about a 9DB boost which is really not acceptable for the price that is being charged..
I don't get this criticism. If some disc is of a lower dB value than another, I turn the volume up. Unless each track varies by 9dB so you're having to constantly adjust the volume, or the 9dB drop is different across the speakers, I fail to see what your complaint is.

And on to Eric with the Orchestra.
I admit I'm a sucker for Orchestrated Rock.
This just reaches all those important areas of pure musical enjoyment.
Wonderful

I don't get this criticism. If some disc is of a lower dB value than another, I turn the volume up. Unless each track varies by 9dB so you're having to constantly adjust the volume, or the 9dB drop is different across the speakers, I fail to see what your complaint is.
So here is my issue. I usually play everything pretty much at -24 on my receiver. This is a comfortable volume but is on the loud side. Periodically if I want to increase the volume my receiver doesn't respond right away to me pressing volume up so I press it some more. Sometimes the volume up seems to lock when I do this and takes the receiver right up to the maximum. My speakers don't like that. To account for that I have set my maximum volume in the receiver to -10. This is very loud usually and never usually used but I don't think would damage my speakers for a short period of time. I have the The Clapton Blu-Rays set at "MAX" for playback which is -10. I would like it louder but I don't want to fool with the receiver settings for just these discs. That's what is annoying. How much does it take to actually master the gain/volume correctly for these discs? These are the only 3 discs that I have this issue with so given that I would have to say that it is an error on their part.

Here is Pretending. Disc 1 first track.
1687950901022.png

Track 2
1687951104975.png

Last edited:
I actually had both the box set as well as the CD/DVD sets in my hands but didn't think to look at the audio options. What do the DVDs offer?

Latest posts

Back