ERIC JOHNSON / Ah Via Musicom

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadtrade

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I am putting some more titles on Ebay and was thinking about this one. Just an educated guess, but this will show you the small runs of many titles. This was pulled after i would bet was the first pressing. When we did DTS titles we did 5000. i think a few had a second pressing. There were additional pressings of the larger format of some DTS titles.
I bet they pressed a larger run for Doobies but many were probably in the 2500 to 5000 copies.

this is wikipedia
A DVD-A edition of Ah Via Musicom was released in 2002 through Capitol RecOrds , but without Johnson's input. After he expressed disappointment in the sound quality and mix, it was soon withdrawn by the label after only 2500 copies were sold.[SUP] [/SUP]Later, in an August 2005 issue of Guitar Player, he confirmed that an authorized 5.1 DVD-Audio edition of the album is in the works, but currently without a release date.

I love it but then i only bought it because it was 5.1 i had no original reference by which to understand what the fuss was about.

I can't warm up to it. I have played it a few times, but it is a bit self-indulgent for me. It would make a good trader though.

I love this album. I've played it so much it's become a running joke with my family. "High Landrons" moves me every single time.

I recently purchased Ah Via Musicom off of eBay ($85) having owned the CD. My first impression was that the first 2 or 3 tracks sounded a little "hollow" and that I had to back off the volume from my usual listening level. After listening to the first three tracks the disc sounded better and I really like the mix. I listened to it all day when it arrived and I was really into (all of) it by the end of the day. I had intended to resell it and try and get some of my money back after listening to it awhile. Now Im having second thoughts and might keep it.

I just grabbed this on eBay for $35. Damn good deal, IMO. I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival!

I've had a good week. I've found the following DVD-As at good prices:
Yes, "Fragile"
ELP, "Brain Salad Surgery"
Eric Johnson, "Ah Via Musicom"
Steely Dan, "Gaucho"
Porcupine Tree, "Lightbulb Sun"

Storm Corrosion (DVD-A) and Steve Wilson's "The Raven That Refused to Sing" (Blu-ray) have been added. Waiting for David Gilmour's "Live in Gdansk" (4-disc set) to arrive so I can hear "On an Island" in 5.1. Bliss.

I just grabbed this on eBay for $35. Damn good deal, IMO. I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival!

I've had a good week. I've found the following DVD-As at good prices:
Yes, "Fragile"
ELP, "Brain Salad Surgery"
Eric Johnson, "Ah Via Musicom"
Steely Dan, "Gaucho"
Porcupine Tree, "Lightbulb Sun"

Good going! (y)

3 of those 5 are absolutely superb surround mixes and in my all-time faves! :D

Back