Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aliens looks great and plenty of sounds from above, but it is a 3 disc set and they stacked the 4k on top of the BR extras so mine was scratched and now I have to replace/return it so piss poor design desision on the case.
Sad. but you may have to wait for that replacement!

Just received notification from AmazonUS that the 4K disc of THE ABYSS won't be shipped out until between April 17th and May 21st!

Seems FOX/DISNEY severely underestimated pre orders for all three Cameron flicks which all had a release date of March 12th!

edit: Amazon updated my delivery for ALIENS: Between March 29th and April 4th!

Last edited:
From SHOUT Factory and director Simon Wincer QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER [Native UHD4K from the OCN/HDR10/Dolby Vision/DTS~HD MA 2.0 STEREO]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Quigley-Down-Under-4K-Blu-ray/352325/#Review

30273_3_large.jpg
One of my all time favorite westerns. Alan Rickman was fantastically villainous as always.

Sad. but you may have to wait for that replacement!

Just received notification from AmazonUS that the 4K disc of THE ABYSS won't be shipped out until between April 17th and May 21st!

Seems FOX/DISNEY severely underestimated pre orders for all three Cameron flicks which all had a release date of March 12th!

edit: Amazon updated my delivery for ALIENS: Between March 29th and April 4th!
Amazon is really scrambling to deliver these titles due to Disney supply incompetence. For me, True Lies was supposed to be delivered today but suddenly got pushed back to the end of next week. Aliens was originally coming on March 25 but now is arriving today!? The Abyss is apparently now delayed until April 15 - May 19. What a joke. :cautious:

Just finished watching 6 hours and 48 minutes of Season 3 of Tom Clancy's JACK RYAN on Paramount's exceptional Native UHD4K 2 disc set with Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

In a word: TENSE and in another word: TOPICAL. BTW, still streaming in 4K on Amazon Prime

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
and I was able to get it for 1/2 price ($19.50 during one of Amazon's FLASH SALES]

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tom-Clancys-Jack-Ryan-Season-Three-4K-Blu-ray/344334/

Every Development We Know About 'Jack Ryan' Season 2 Now That We Have ...

Last edited:
Amazon is really scrambling to deliver these titles due to Disney supply incompetence. For me, True Lies was supposed to be delivered today but suddenly got pushed back to the end of next week. Aliens was originally coming on March 25 but now is arriving today!? The Abyss is apparently now delayed until April 15 - May 19. What a joke. :cautious:
I ordered the Alien quadrology set (or was it quintology?) yesterday and supposedly it will be delivered today.

I’m making my own box set of the “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” movies.

From thedigitalbits website:

Meanwhile today, the good folks at A24 have just unveiled Darren Aronofsky’s Pi (1998) for release on Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD. Both are now available as of yesterday. The discs will also include Pi: The Guerilla Diaries by Aronofsky. You can pre-order the title here exclusively from their online shop. The film was remastered in 8K resolution in 2023 and will include Dolby Atmos audio, two commentaries, behind-the-scenes footage, deleted scenes, and more.

Note: stand alone Native UHD4k/BD~V disc without the book is $35

https://shop.a24films.com/products/pi-blu-ray

R.50d64ea86972627073ed1f48190ad286

Last edited:
Last night was Batman (1966) with my partner and some friends.

I have never laughed harder than at this poor henchman.

Also the only Batman media where I want to see more Bruce Wayne and less Batman. Adam West is so much more credible as Bruce than as Batman that it hurts.

Everybody except Burt Ward seemed to have a ball making that movie.

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
I ordered the Alien quadrology set (or was it quintology?) yesterday and supposedly it will be delivered today.

I’m making my own box set of the “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” movies.
It was delivered yesterday afternoon.

Of course, I have a 12-hour sportscar race to watch in the meantime, and the “to be watched” pile just got ten hours bigger. Each of the four films has the original theatrical version and a director’s cut or expanded version. Looks like another project to me.

I FINALLY watched Christopher Nolan's astounding OPPENHEIMER over two nights [including ALL the bonus features the second night] and can concur with film critic Richard Roeper of the Chicago Times: "One of the best movies of the century!"

Universal's 3 disc set includes the film on one BD100 disc in spectacular Native UHD4K and the 1080p BD~V on disc two and special features which are ample on Disc 3 [1080p].

OPPENHEIMER was shot on IMAX film and one special feature outlined how Nolan had persuaded Kodak to 'invent' 65mm Black and White film stock which had never been used before for Oppenheimer's Black and White sequences.

And who knew that the resolution of an IMAX 65mm negative is equivalent to 18K!!!!!!!!

And for once, the Academy rightfully honored both director Nolan and his 'baby' as both best director and best film of 2023! And Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey, Jr as BEST ACTOR and BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR respectively.

Surprisingly, the film was released in DTS~HD MA 5.1 and NOT Atmos but rest assured, the 5.1 soundtrack is REFERENCE!

KUDOS to ALL involved and be sure to watch ALL the extras included on Disc 3 including an extensive documentary entitled "Oppenheimer and the Atomic Bomb!" Absolutely fascinating!

And the film is so intensely involving, the 3 hour runtime breezes by buoyed by an amazing script and stellar performances by ALL involved!

Last edited:
I FINALLY watched Christopher Nolan's astounding OPPENHEIMER over two nights [including ALL the bonus features the second night] and can concur with film critic Richard Roeper of the Chicago Times: "One of the best movies of the century!"

Universal's 3 disc set includes the film on one BD100 disc in spectacular Native UHD4K and the 1080p BD~V on disc two and special features which are ample on Disc 3 [1080p].

OPPENHEIMER was shot on IMAX film and one special feature outlined how Nolan had persuaded Kodak to 'invent' 65mm Black and White film stock which had never been used before for Oppenheimer's Black and White sequences.

And who knew that the resolution of an IMAX 65mm negative is equivalent to 18K!!!!!!!!

And for once, the Academy rightfully honored both director Nolan and his 'baby' as both best director and best film of 2023! And Cillian Murphy and Robert Downey, Jr as BEST ACTOR and BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR respectively.

Surprisingly, the film was released in DTS~HD MA 5.1 and NOT Atmos but rest assured, the 5.1 soundtrack is REFERENCE!

KUDOS to ALL involved and be sure to watch ALL the extras included on Disc 3 including an extensive documentary entitled "Oppenheimer and the Atomic Bomb!" Absolutely fascinating!

And the film is so intensely involving, the 3 hour runtime breezes by buoyed by an amazing script and stellar performances by ALL involved!
I loved it in the theater and am looking forward to the 4K disc. Now you've got me thinking about all that bonus material!

I thought I read that Nolan isn't a fan of Dolby Atmos, which is weird to me. Maybe he heard a bad presentation and had his mind set. Ironically, the soundtrack is up in Dolby Atmos on the streaming services and I've really enjoyed that one even though it's not super immersive.

Back