Finally Found Roxy Music Avalon M/C in Canada

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougi

Well after month's of searching i was finally able to track down a copy of Roxy Music - Avalon at Best Buy in Mississauga , Ontario Canada for a good price of only 23.99 . Just listened to it and i must say i was very impressed.
If it was not for Best Buy i swear i would have hardly any SACD / DVD - A disc's in my collection. Heading down to Kentucky in October to see my wife's family , hope i can find some interesting stuff down there in the U.S.A.
Although the last time i was down there if i mentioned SACD to a store clerk they would just look at me like i was from another planet lol.

dougi said:
Well after month's of searching i was finally able to track down a copy of Roxy Music - Avalon at Best Buy in Mississauga , Ontario Canada for a good price of only 23.99 . Just listened to it and i must say i was very impressed.
If it was not for Best Buy i swear i would have hardly any SACD / DVD - A disc's in my collection. Heading down to Kentucky in October to see my wife's family , hope i can find some interesting stuff down there in the U.S.A.
Although the last time i was down there if i mentioned SACD to a store clerk they would just look at me like i was from another planet lol.
Kentucky!!!! Good luck! You might find some copies of C.W. McCall's Convoy on 8 track! :p

Situation reminds me of when vinyl started to become a scarce resource. Lived in a small town then, finally had to resign and buy a CD player.

In Madrid, Spain, I've found 5 sales points for SACD. 1 per million habitants, that is. One of them got a whole box of Avalon copies this week. I managed to buy the second-to-last one left. Great album.

Cheers

Back