• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS or FT Caravan "In the land of grey and pink"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Listened to once! (even has the plastic shrinkwrap)

Selling for 12 Euros , POSTAGE FREE ANYWHERE in the world!

or

Will trade for either (used, as long as they're not scratched) :
-Rush-Moving Pictures DVD-A
or
-Eric Clapton "There's one in every crowd" DTS CD Disc

Please PM me.

Cheers,

Listened to once! (even has the plastic shrinkwrap)

Selling for 12 Euros , POSTAGE FREE ANYWHERE in the world!

or

Will trade for either (used, as long as they're not scratched) :
-Rush-Moving Pictures DVD-A
or
-Eric Clapton "There's one in every crowd" DTS CD Disc

Please PM me.

Cheers,

Not a fan then Kap'n ?

I know we're all upset about no Hi Rez layer, but isn't it still about the music? Not even a second listen?

I know we're all upset about no Hi Rez layer, but isn't it still about the music? Not even a second listen?

Guess we need a poll. Mine is still sealed. Since I am not familiar with the music, I may not be a good rater anyhow. So, I would selfishly like to get a few more opinions before I break the seal like the Kap'n did. I own perhaps six or so Dolby surround/DualDiscs and am not a fan of any of them.

completely agree with you there, Jefe. it's amazing for me to see how people could crap on a Steve Wilson 5.1, but give perfect 10's to the Rush mix on the grounds that it's "lossless." It's like people care more about what a spec sheet says than how good a mix is. In the end, it's each person's living room, though, and how they choose to listen is their business. Doesn't mean I have to get it. :)

No Hi Rez is the issue. Why do the companies who sell sourround music continue to put out releases without disclosing all of the important details? It's obvious - they are trying to trick us into buying their product. They know the general masses don't give a damn about surround music. They know that there is a small group of dedicated surround-heads who are desparate for any bones that get thrown their way. Sure, tell us it's 5.1; tell us it's a SW mix. That's going create sales for sure. That's crap. We are being played. Consumers in other markets don't put up with this nonsense.

completely agree with you there, Jefe. it's amazing for me to see how people could crap on a Steve Wilson 5.1, but give perfect 10's to the Rush mix on the grounds that it's "lossless." It's like people care more about what a spec sheet says than how good a mix is. In the end, it's each person's living room, though, and how they choose to listen is their business. Doesn't mean I have to get it. :)

Dude, take it with a grain of salt....(are you always this mean?)
("That's harsh , Ty!")
Well, if you must know ("I must , I must!")
The mix is really good, the packaging is nice,
BUT,
it's not my cup of tea...I thought it would be, coming as a Steven Wilson recommendation(who, by the way I really admire as a musician and engineer, but I do not own one single PT disc, it bores me to tears!...except for Gavin Harrison's playing-even saw them in Madrid a couple of years ago and I still didn't come around to liking them-sorry! I can hear a collective "gasp" when I say this about PT in this forum, but I'm honest..MAYBE one day I'll like them you never know!!!)

My opinion is that, the musicianship as well as the arrangements are 2nd rate, or not as high as I was expecting, the vocals were weak and monotone and some are even way out of tune, and although there are moments, it did not convince me.
I also expected it to have at least an ear tingling 96/24 experience, which is not present here... I am one of the listeners who (think) can distinguish stuff above our hearing range.

And, as for what I think of Rush's MP DVD.A , it's none of your business what I rate-I don't rain on your parade or poo poo your tastes, OK? So , let's play nice in here..... :)

And , for the record, I am the kind of person who sells or trades stuff I do not like or will not listen to again because , it doesn't make sense to me to have stuff I don't enjoy...

I'm very happy for those who enjoy it-and if you are a fan this is a great mix , even if it's in Dullbee...

Dude, take it with a grain of salt....(are you always this mean?)
("That's harsh , Ty!")
Well, if you must know ("I must , I must!")
The mix is really good, the packaging is nice,
BUT,
it's not my cup of tea...I thought it would be, coming as a Steven Wilson recommendation(who, by the way I really admire as a musician and engineer, but I do not own one single PT disc, it bores me to tears!...except for Gavin Harrison's playing-even saw them in Madrid a couple of years ago and I still didn't come around to liking them-sorry! I can hear a collective "gasp" when I say this about PT in this forum, but I'm honest..MAYBE one day I'll like them you never know!!!)

My opinion is that, the musicianship as well as the arrangements are 2nd rate, or not as high as I was expecting, the vocals were weak and monotone and some are even way out of tune, and although there are moments, it did not convince me.
I also expected it to have at least an ear tingling 96/24 experience, which is not present here... I am one of the listeners who (think) can distinguish stuff above our hearing range.

And, as for what I think of Rush's MP DVD.A , it's none of your business what I rate-I don't rain on your parade or poo poo your tastes, OK? So , let's play nice in here..... :)

And , for the record, I am the kind of person who sells or trades stuff I do not like or will not listen to again because , it doesn't make sense to me to have stuff I don't enjoy...

I'm very happy for those who enjoy it-and if you are a fan this is a great mix , even if it's in Dullbee...

didn't mean to come off as harsh at all. wasn't even singling you out. no idea what you voted on the Rush. really sorry if it came off that way. i'm just reading a lot of "it's not hi-rez, therefore, it's not worth it!," which I always think is a silly line of reasoning from a group that seems to care so much about mix quality, etc. you have every right to trade to trade the disc you purchased, and seem to have more than one reason why you didn't like it. i've never heard this album, so can't comment on the quality. Wilson's one of the only guys I can listen to a mix from and say "see....this guy is doing something I can't just do myself," so I tend to think anything done by him will have some value to someone.

i've sat in the living room of one member here who has the most expensive system i've ever seen and listened to everything from 24/96 DVDAs to my own DTS upmixes. to me, it was more than resolution that determined what sounded best on that system.

i think the reasoning here as to why this was DD (or why it was "hidden," etc, as some someone else put it) is probably exactly what Steve Wilson said it was. the industry needs to think about how much it invests in a title. it is what it is.

anyways, though.....when I first came on here, one of the things Tim said to me was "be careful.....some folks on here have teeth!" While I do have some teeth on my own, I'm not proud when people who I didn't want to feel specifically "bitten" feel that, and am sorry if my words did that, Kap'n. You're one of the good ones around here.

the industry needs to think about how much it invests in a title. it is what it is.

doesn't make much sense either. i guess the studio work wasn't done in mp3 format. if label don't feel
like need to invest more in final product there is royalty free PCM and 5.1 surround mix with 48/24 would perfectly work too.
lossless source already exist, so why does ones in needs to downgrade it into mp3 format before put it on the media and send to retailers.

First of all I want to apologize to Kap'n if I in any way offended him. Kap'n I enjoy your posts and have never seen you attack anyone here. You have every right not to enjoy a piece of music for any reason and sell it off. I merely thought you were getting rid of it for lack of hirez and suggested you give it another listen to see if you liked the music. The majority of the contents are stereo only and so unaffected. I have a Caravan compilation so have an idea of the music. I expect it to be an occasional spin of quirky music not a mainstay.
Truth is if it was revealed to be DD only in the description I would not have ordered it. We were all hopeful and I read into SWs involvement that it would be hirez. Maybe this was a plan by the marketing people who know this will be a fringe market item only and planned to rope in our dollars. I don't know.

What I don't understand is how does the label save money by using only DD instead of the uncompressed hi rez? Does Dolby pay money to include the DD stream? Isn't it more work to downconvert the master to this? I don't think there are any licensing fees that have to be paid to the DVD Audio forum. Someone please explain why hi rez versions could not have been included on the dvd without prominent labeling if there was fear this would scare off prospective purchasers.

Sorry guys(DKA and jefe1), I must need some Poontang really badly and I didn't take my meds that day... I usually try to be a level headed person-didn't mean to come across like I did.

This is such a cool forum, don't wanna get in trouble.

What I meant to say is , that despite being Dullbee, it's a great mix and if you're a fan, you WILL enjoy it.

BTW I already am trading it with a QQ member!

Cheers!

Back