Future Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to speculate outside the box for a moment; this whole quagmire for unknowns - aka Brexit, may end up affecting music lovers here in the USA and elsewhere also. Austria which is in the E.U., is where that SACD multichannel plant is located. How may that play into contracts with British companies like D-V that potentially will be caught up in all that mess? That is just one small example, and something for everyone to keep an eye on.
Its most likely that in the UK we'd be hit by an increase in the cost due to import taxes, but those outside should get any additional sales tax like VAT removed as its for export. Mind you even a 10%-15% increase for what DV provides would still be a bargain IMHO

OI!! GET A FCKIN' WRIGGLE ON DV WILL YA, I'M STARVED OF QUAD OXYGEN HERE!! DELIVER UNTO US A BATCH OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!!! PRETTY PLEASE!! WITH ATMOS ON THE TOP.....!!!!!!!!

ahem.

even just pre-orders on your site would be a wheez!!

yours chomping at the bit,
gagging for a new batch,
craving the Quad,
desperately seeking Susan Surroundan!

derflube the fourth,
just down the road,
Lun-Din 😘

OI!! GET A FCKIN' WRIGGLE ON DV WILL YA, I'M STARVED OF QUAD OXYGEN HERE!! DELIVER UNTO US A BATCH OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!!! PRETTY PLEASE!! WITH ATMOS ON THE TOP.....!!!!!!!!

ahem.

gagging for a new batch,
craving the Quad,

derflube the fourth,
just down the road,
Lun-Din 😘

Fortuitously, Adam, my recent shipment from D~V besides the awesome FIREBIRD [a tantalizing tease, perhaps] contained 6 RBCDs .....three classical and three two~fers containing Peter Nero, Ferrante and Teicher and Jackie Gleason leading a BIG BAND [like the BIG man himself].......so these schmaltzy treasures will tide me over until D~V's next BIG announcement of SOUL, LATIN, JAZZ and ROCK titles.

In the meantime, get out your frothy pink fairy liquid and spring clean your hundreds upon hundreds of SQ/QS and CD~4 vinyl discs.......

Patience, my good man ..... D~V feels your pain and will acquiesce to your surround hunger pangs in due time!

Last edited:

ahem.

gagging for a new batch,
craving the Quad,

derflube the fourth,
just down the road,
Lun-Din 😘
Epic, Columbia, RCA...

I thought by Friday (today) that we would hear some rumbling. So I went and blew 100 balloons (ouch) on Chris Squire's big deluxe box set with a lossy (ouch-ouch) 5.1 instead of more waiting. That was a couple of painful clicks I put myself through.

So I'll just have to be content with what I got for now, and I can order from D/V in July if we've heard anything by then. I'm now tapped out on the surround budget, but I have things up for sale to get me out of the red sooner rather than later. And we all have surround things to listen to that need a second spin.

I thought by Friday (today) that we would hear some rumbling. So I went and blew 100 balloons (ouch) on Chris Squire's big deluxe box set with a lossy (ouch-ouch) 5.1 instead of more waiting. That was a couple of painful clicks I put myself through.

So I'll just have to be content with what I got for now, and I can order from D/V in July if we've heard anything by then. I'm now tapped out on the surround budget, but I have things up for sale to get me out of the red sooner rather than later. And we all have surround things to listen to that need a second spin.
Like the rest of you, I’m not so patiently awaiting the next D-V release announcement. At the same time, I wonder why more people aren’t using this opportunity to scour eBay and Discogs to (strategically, meaning not for crazy money)fill holes in their collections. Let’s face it, prices for OOP releases are (in the overwhelming majority of cases)not going down. I’m SO glad I went on a buying spree in the last year before my retirement.

Fortuitously, Adam, my recent shipment from D~V besides the awesome FIREBIRD [a tantalizing tease, perhaps] contained 6 RBCDs .....three classical and three two~fers containing Peter Nero, Ferrante and Teicher and Jackie Gleason leading a BIG BAND [like the BIG man himself].......so these schmaltzy treasures will tide me over until D~V's next BIG announcement of SOUL, LATIN, JAZZ and ROCK titles.

In the meantime, get out your frothy pink fairy liquid and spring clean your hundreds upon hundreds of SQ/QS and CD~4 vinyl discs.......

Patience, my good man ..... D~V feels your pain and will acquiesce to your surround hunger pangs in due time!
Ralphie, you have diverse musical taste. (y)

Are there any genre you dislike?

Ralphie, you have diverse musical taste. (y)

Are there any genre you dislike?

Opera, although I do like orchestral music from the operas and way out avant garde jazz ...although some is unusually good. And schmaltzy musak is great as background music....like some of D~V's two~fers...relaxing and unobtrusive.

I do LOVE melody and feel a lot of current music lacks original riffs, hooks and melody ...... it feels like a lot of modern artists are just rehashing the same old .... same old. Akin to endless movie sequels!

I expect an announcement on the next quad sacds any second now. I base this on the fact i just crumbled and made an order, usually happens this way... i picked up 3 quads including Firebird, along with 7 sale rbcds, never owned any mancini so picked up 4 along with ferrante and teicher too.

if the rumours that are going around are at all accurate about some of what might be coming up, we are gonna be in for a rockin' treat that'd make herbie go bananas and tbh i didn't think was on anybody's raidars!!

"sometimes i wonder
what i'm a gonna do
cos there ain't no cure
for the Summertime DV blues"

PMSL! 🤭
Where can I read these rumours?

I find d-v to be very tight lipped about forthcoming releases, to their own detriment in some cases. They only recently made their ‘more coming soon’ announcement after causing high blood pressure in their customer base for about 5 months. Don’t they realise how tough quad withdrawal is when you don’t know when you’ll get your next hit

I find d-v to be very tight lipped about forthcoming releases, to their own detriment in some cases. They only recently made their ‘more coming soon’ announcement after causing high blood pressure in their customer base for about 5 months. Don’t they realise how tough quad withdrawal is when you don’t know when you’ll get your next hit
See post 86.

Unlike US reissue companies MoFi and Analogue Productions who pre~announce forthcoming titles and sometimes don't release them for months .... EVEN YEARS, Dutton Vocalion's approach is to announce NEW titles as they arrive from the SACD pressing plants in Austria. Probably being a smallish company, D~V is NOT into taking pre~orders....with a possible risk of canceling them should there be a quality control issue with the disc. And IMO, their track record is impeccable!

Not to mention, Michael J. Dutton does all the remastering himself...meaning he has to wade through QUAD master tapes and decide what is and isn't worthy of reissue. A yeoman's task ..... not for the fainthearted.

And BTW, AP, where is the long awaited Stereo SACD of Jimi Hendrix's ARE YOU EXPERIENCED which I have on PRE~ORDER since last year?

Last edited:
Unlike US reissue companies MoFi and Analogue Productions who pre~announce forthcoming titles and sometimes don't release them for months .... EVEN YEARS, Dutton Vocalion's approach is to announce NEW titles as they arrive from the SACD pressing plants in Austria. Probably being a smallish company, D~V is NOT into taking pre~orders....with a possible risk of canceling them should there be a quality control issue with the disc. And IMO, their track record is impeccable!

Not to mention, Michael J. Dutton does all the remastering himself...meaning he has to wade through QUAD master tapes and decide what is and isn't worthy of reissue. A yeoman's task ..... not for the fainthearted.

And BTW, AP, where is the long awaited Stereo SACD of Jimi Hendrix's ARE YOU EXPERIENCED which I have on PRE~ORDER since last year?

i take your point Ralph and so far for me DV have barely put a foot wrong with the way they've handled doing the incredible/unthinkable and giving Quad a new lease on life!
i guess December's pre-orders for January's Country batch was just "Scotch mist"! ;) its not that they never ever, it seems more that they do - but its seldom? may be a fair assessment! you know, i know nothing about the label i just buy all their stuff but i think looking at the great variety of titles they have put out, seemingly with no release pattern of timing, across so many different styles and genres, they are quite unpredictable.. and isn't that the fun part to keep us all on our tootsie's as to what might be coming next!! 💃

ps. i hope an announcement or pre-order or something (anything!) happens soon, this DV junkie desperately needs his fix!!! 💊💉🚬🥴

i take your point Ralph and so far for me DV have barely put a foot wrong with the way they've handled doing the incredible/unthinkable and giving Quad a new lease on life!
i guess December's pre-orders for January's Country batch was just "Scotch mist"! ;) its not that they never ever, it seems more that they do - but its seldom? may be a fair assessment! you know, i know nothing about the label i just buy all their stuff but i think looking at the great variety of titles they have put out, seemingly with no release pattern of timing, across so many different styles and genres, they are quite unpredictable.. and isn't that the fun part to keep us all on our tootsie's as to what might be coming next!! 💃

ps. i hope an announcement or pre-order or something (anything!) happens soon, this DV junkie desperately needs his fix!!! 💊💉🚬🥴

Adam, AFAIK, D~V doesn't play games. If you recall, AF put out 2 Surround SACDs every month ........ the equivalent of ONE D~V two~fer and everyone at QQ expected that allotment .... until the well dried up.

Well, D~V doesn't play by any set rules and sure, I've been disappointed by some of Michael's choices but bought them anyway .... just to support the cause .... 'cause, cuz, maybe some of them will come in handy for old[er] age or that occasional sensual massage :eek:lower.....ahhh, right there!

And we can sometimes be whiny little bitches at QQ~F and feel a certain entitlement ....... and most certainly the wizened Wizard of Watford owes us nothing .....but HAS given us a bountiful of sonic treasures at a time when NO U.S. reissue companies can or will, so when that next batch is announced ....... face Mecca or wherever ...... and kiss the ground that you have been annointed!

See the source image

Please, Please Sire, release Santana/John McLaughlin's Love, Devotion, Surrender on QUAD SACD

Last edited:
Back