Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took a quick test drive in the basement with the Appetite disc. I can't believe that I waited this long to buy it. I listened to some of my favorites with the dog and was blown away. I can't wait to fire it up this weekend all the way through. This was the first time that our dog we adopted in November has come down and laid on the couch with me when the music was CRANKED. I am sure her hearing will soon be like mine.

Ok, same situation here. I guess I never bothered because I used the files from the Blu-ray instead...
View attachment 42945
mine shows 192/16 too...
IMG20190909222430.jpg

I imagine it's an error somewhere along the chain, certainly not wrong in of itself to have 16/96 or 16/192 but very peculiar.

When Trent Reznor released "The Slip" for free for the first two weeks in 2009, the 24/96 version was encoded as 24-bit but turned out to really be 16-bit. He looked into the issue, found out what happened and reissued it correctly as 24/96. Not exactly the same thing as what's happened here, but surely it's a mistake that they got 16/192 files on there somehow lol.

Trent posted on HA forums to thank the folk that found the error and to advise it had been fixed - https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,63086.msg565179.html#msg565179

Imho the music industry is just going for huge cash $$$ grabs for physical media. $300 is nuts kind of like Kiss @$200. The Band @ $140. And the greatest sh*t show was Guns n Roses aiming for $400 Appetite for Destruction... Which i ended up getting for a whooping $40 :)

And the greatest sh*t show was Guns n Roses aiming for $400 Appetite for Destruction... Which i ended up getting for a whooping $40 :)
In all fairness, the 5.1 Blu-Ray was not exclusive to the 'locked 'n' loaded' mega set - there was a more economical 4CD/Blu-Ray SDE that originally retailed for like $130.

In all fairness, the 5.1 Blu-Ray was not exclusive to the 'locked 'n' loaded' mega set - there was a more economical 4CD/Blu-Ray SDE that originally retailed for like $130.

The Locked n Loaded set was originally priced @ 1K oh $999
The 4 cd/bluray set was originally $400 bucks and this is the set i have for $40

The Locked n Loaded set was originally priced @ 1K oh $999
The 4 cd/bluray set was originally $400 bucks and this is the set i have for $40
The Locked&Loaded list price was $999. It was eventually discounted to $400.
The 4CD/BRD deluxe set was released for $125 ($150 list maybe?) as @sjcorne stated. It was eventually discounted to $40.

That's how I remember it.

The Locked&Loaded list price was $999. It was eventually discounted to $400.
The 4CD/BRD deluxe set was released for $125 ($150 list maybe?) as @sjcorne stated. It was eventually discounted to $40.

That's how I remember it.

My post was moved...was discussing the ridiculous $300 price for Rush ....anyways point is music industry is currently in a Huge cash grab for physical media!

Id never even think of considering $200, $300 or $1000 boxsets and these prices are not oop rare sets...its what they want on release date
No way!

You guys got me pissed off. LOL So I cancelled my Amazon order.

Well $60 is a helluva lot better $400...granted not as good as 40 but hey its a pretty good bluray/mix and even has a animated naked ladies in 1 video for u guys...its worth 60 especially if ull spin those cds....ive still actually got my regular cd of the album from years ago. Ymmv 😂

You guys got me pissed off. LOL So I cancelled my Amazon order.

I am not sure what shipping is when you buy direct from the GnR store but when all is said and done it might be very close to the $60 Amazon price (assuming free shipping). So it may have been a fair deal when all is said and done.

Back