Gus Skinas & David Elias on Steve Hoffman Forum

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that. Pretty cool. BTW - I added those two SACDs to the HiRez poll section today!

JonUrban said:
I saw that. Pretty cool. BTW - I added those two SACDs to the HiRez poll section today!

When it comes to the Sonoma Workstation, DSD or SACD Mastering, Engineering and Production, Gus is the man. He's been involved with some aspect of the production of many, many of the SACDs available in the U.S.

I don't think there is much in those areas that he couldn't answer !

And David is always a treat to hear in concert or to talk to. Last time I saw him live, he and the band were performing some more rockin' tunes. Leading me to wonder whether he will depart from his acoustic roots on his next SACD release.

Everyone here should support artists that support these two formats. I think it's great that an "indie" artist would support SACD and surround. (y) (y)

JonUrban said:
Everyone here should support artists that support these two formats. I think it's great that an "indie" artist would support SACD and surround. (y) (y)

Yes and since both of the David Elias SACDs are live, direct to DSD recordings, these are two of the best sounding Super Audio CDs you'll find anywhere.

Especially when for the same price, you get a signed copy AND a personal email from David too! I had a short email exchange with him and he sounds like a great ambassador for MC music.

lonster said:
Especially when for the same price, you get a signed copy AND a personal email from David too! I had a short email exchange with him and he sounds like a great ambassador for MC music.

I am going to be getting some David Elias coverage into Hi-Fi World...

Latest posts

Back