Hello from Lancashire in the UK!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephead2112

QQ Supporter
Hi All,

Although I've often lurked in the past, I hadn't joined the forum (I have now!).

I'm a sucker for the 'spatial audio' and surround sound formats and having just upgraded my system to enable Dolby Atmos capability, I've been going somewhat crazy with my credit card in recent months. I'm very pleased to see the format gaining momentum (thanks to Rhino, SDE.com and the like).

I recently purchased Pink Floyd's 50th DSOTM anniversary box set which includes the Dolby Atmos Blu Ray Audio disc. Although you can stream DSOTM in Dolby Atmos, the physical release does sound much better. The Beatles Dolby True HD/Atmos releases that have been made available in the last few years are terrific too. One stand out for me was Pink Floyd's 'Animals', available as a stand alone Blu Ray audio release with a Dolby True HD audio option. It's outstanding! I've never heard the album in such clarity before and the over used term of "it's like being in the room" is totally valid in this instance.

This is a fantastic forum and the 'Surround Polls' section is invaluable...despite the fact that it swiftly cost me over $200 in one hit the other night when I was browsing in my hotel room whilst away on business. Currently, I have the Clapton '24 nights' box on its way, the new Rhino Quadio 4 disc bundle and the Rhino Doobie Brothers box on the way.

I'm excited for the 'Storm Corrosion' Dolby Atmos release when it lands and I've been really crossing my fingers for a 40th anniversary spatial audio release of YES' 90125, an album that is crying out for that treatment IMO. Sadly, I've heard nothing about that so I think it's going to remain a dream for now. I'm also a big fan of Steven Wilson's work, especially his YES remixes.

Great to be here!

Keith.

Hi All,

Although I've often lurked in the past, I hadn't joined the forum (I have now!).

I'm a sucker for the 'spatial audio' and surround sound formats and having just upgraded my system to enable Dolby Atmos capability, I've been going somewhat crazy with my credit card in recent months. I'm very pleased to see the format gaining momentum (thanks to Rhino, SDE.com and the like).

I recently purchased Pink Floyd's 50th DSOTM anniversary box set which includes the Dolby Atmos Blu Ray Audio disc. Although you can stream DSOTM in Dolby Atmos, the physical release does sound much better. The Beatles Dolby True HD/Atmos releases that have been made available in the last few years are terrific too. One stand out for me was Pink Floyd's 'Animals', available as a stand alone Blu Ray audio release with a Dolby True HD audio option. It's outstanding! I've never heard the album in such clarity before and the over used term of "it's like being in the room" is totally valid in this instance.

This is a fantastic forum and the 'Surround Polls' section is invaluable...despite the fact that it swiftly cost me over $200 in one hit the other night when I was browsing in my hotel room whilst away on business. Currently, I have the Clapton '24 nights' box on its way, the new Rhino Quadio 4 disc bundle and the Rhino Doobie Brothers box on the way.

I'm excited for the 'Storm Corrosion' Dolby Atmos release when it lands and I've been really crossing my fingers for a 40th anniversary spatial audio release of YES' 90125, an album that is crying out for that treatment IMO. Sadly, I've heard nothing about that so I think it's going to remain a dream for now. I'm also a big fan of Steven Wilson's work, especially his YES remixes.

Great to be here!

Keith.

Welcome aboard. Since you are from Lancashire, can you answer one question ? Are there really 4000 holes in Blackburn ? ;)

Hi All,

Great to be here!

Keith.
How do, fellow lancy. I mentioned in one of my posts, how collecting surround hits the old bank ballance.
In total agreement on the Floyd animals 5.1 and your idea for 90125. Why on earth did they stop at relayer, missing the all time greatest yes album, going for the one???

That day I went to Blackburn, only counted 122, shows you what the press knows!

Hi All,

Great to be here!

Keith.
Greetings from neighbouring Cumbria

How do, fellow lancy. I mentioned in one of my posts, how collecting surround hits the old bank ballance.
In total agreement on the Floyd animals 5.1 and your idea for 90125. Why on earth did they stop at relayer, missing the all time greatest yes album, going for the one???

That day I went to Blackburn, only counted 122, shows you what the press knows!
perhaps you missed a few in your count. I heard the news that some of the holes were rather small

"Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire"

Welcome aboard!
Outstanding references that you mention. I'm sure you'll have a blast in here, so much opinions, so much knowledge and news, all regarding the so loved format "surround"

Thanks everybody! The Lancashire humour has put a smile on my face. This appears to be a very nice forum, very glad to be here. Tonight, I'm opting for King Crimson '1969' in Dolby Atmos; it only arrived today (along with 24 Nights and The Doobie Bros Quadio) and I'm very excited to hear it. Have a great weekend all......

Back