I Want My "Let It Be" - On Blu-Ray with 5.1-channel Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alk3997

500 Club - QQ All-Star
This thread is to discuss the Let It Be movie by The Beatles. Currently there are no plans to release Let It Be (the movie) on Blu-Ray or DVD. But, if it was ever released we hope it would be in true 5.1-channel audio.

Andy

Some news on the Let It Be front. See the fifth comment after the article.

http://wogew.blogspot.com/2015/12/let-it-be-for-2016.html

Unfortunately, if Let It Be (the movie) ever gets released in 2017, I'm afraid we're in for mostly front channel surround sound. Maybe they would use an older 5.1-channel mix...

2016 is expected to be the year of "The Beatles Live" Ron Howard film with surround sound audio track. I wish that a deluxe edition of "Revolver" would appear for the album's 50th anniversary in 2016, but I've heard absolutely no rumors about that occurring. So, I think we're just going to have The Beatles Live for 2016, unless The Beatles At The Hollywood Bowl magically appears as part of the Live promos.

Andy

I am a huge Beatles fan and I don't want Let It Be released on either DVD or Blu ray. First it is a miserable film. Second it was shot on 16 mm and if you didn't notice how bad Magical Mystery Tour looked then you are blind. It won't either look good or sound good no matter what they do it. I prefer it be left in the can.

I'd certainly have to agree with you - with the exception of the roof top concert and the "in studio" concert, it's a fairly boring film with little plot (without having read about what happened). It certainly needs a re-edit before release. Add in some plot points (like discussions of where to hold the concert) and include more of the rooftop concert.

The only reason I'd want it is for a good surround sound mix with reasonable amounts of compression. For an album that usually ranks low on the all-time Beatles list, there are some really good songs on it and an excellent (see Anthology DVDs) surround mix would be worthwhile (IMHO).

Andy

The oldies "jam" section is cool, the "videos" are good, but a lot of the beginning and middle stuff is pretty boring. I remember when it came out it was just great to actually SEE the Beatles, as they rarely appeared on the public airwaves, and of course, the internet was still a few decades away from being invented by Al Gore.

In 2015/6, it's probably something that they don't think is worthy of putting out there, esp with a big splash.

The problem for me is I don't want to have to spend $25 on something I will watch once.

The problem for me is I don't want to have to spend $25 on something I will watch once.

I have still yet to watch the Help BluRay all the way straight through. I just play the chapters with the songs. Perhaps Apple could release excerpts from Let It Be as a series of music videos. Of course, now I always expect "GMF 5.1" surround sound.

Gah. I'm a bit griped on Beatles "surround" due to 1+.
I need to open and view Yellow Submarine and Help! to try to fix that...

You should not be disappointed by either one. Both of these were originally released on DVD when Apple had people that could actually create great surround mixes that were still faithful to the original stereo mixes instead of the lackluster front-centered mixes we have for "Magical Mystery Tour" and "1+"
(Not to mention that the picture quality is good on Help! and especially good on "Yellow Submarine") :)

Back