In the Light of Air: ICE Performs Anna Thorvaldsdottir

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I just discovered this on NPR's Top 50 Albums of 2015. I listened to a sample and really liked it. When I went to order a copy, I was surprised to find that it was a BD-A/CD combo put out by a company I'm unfamiliar with, Sono Luminus. Very little information on the Sono Luminus website (no mention of surround), but a review at blu-raydefinition.com lists the audio as 9.1 Auro 3-D (96kHz/24-bit), 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 LPCM. Also comes with flac and wav downloads. The review classifies it as classical, but the sample I heard sounds more like ambient. Looking forward to giving the full album a go.

http://www.blu-raydefinition.com/mu...nna-thorvaldsdottir-blu-ray-audio-review.html

My copy of this arrived today from import cds. Beyond the 24/96 Aero 9.1, there is also a DTS-MA 5.1 at 24/192. This is incredibly atmospheric music with the sounds of the arctic mixed in. Surprisingly rich bass from time to time. I've only gotten through a couple of songs, but my sense of the surround mixing is that it is all about atmospherics (and you certainly get that) with most of the instruments in the front speakers. The fidelity is wonderful. Late night listening for sure with this one!

Back