Is Meatloaf SACD 5.1 out of print?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristopherLees

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Hi there, a friend in canada just told me about the meatloaf sacd.
"The surround sound version only released a few months ago,
and both versions have disappeared from my stocklists as well as from the
bigger sites like Amazon."

Is it being reissued or has it been given the flick?

When it was released, I ordered a copy from the local mall CD store in the VERY small town that I live in here in rural Canada. Months went by and I ended up buying one in the US and cancelling the order. To make a long story short, it came in anyway and there is a copy in the CD stacks, so if you want it let me know. I am sure that it is still there, since this town just discovered video tape last year. :D

Cheers, Mike.

ChristopherLees said:
Hi there, a friend in canada just told me about the meatloaf sacd.
"The surround sound version only released a few months ago,
and both versions have disappeared from my stocklists as well as from the
bigger sites like Amazon."

Is it being reissued or has it been given the flick?

FYI I was looking for this a month or so ago and thought it was out of print as well since I couldn't find it in stock at an of the usual online USA sacd resellers. I ended up calling a few local Best Buy stores who all had it, some had several copies.

Could it have anything to do with the bonus tracks being stripped off of the latest redbook release?

dabl said:
FYI I was looking for this a month or so ago and thought it was out of print as well since I couldn't find it in stock at an of the usual online USA sacd resellers. I ended up calling a few local Best Buy stores who all had it, some had several copies.

Copies of the Meatloaf 5.1 SACD are still around here in Silicon Valley at Tower, Best Buy, etc.

It's definitely an easy one to find for folks who are looking for it.

Although the local Best Buy doesn't have very many sacds overall, they have a whopping 5 of these (4 of which are multichannel). Priced at 19.99 for the 5.1, the stereo one was a little less (forget now). Saw one at Media Play also (same price). I luckily snagged a Dylan Bringing It All Back Home sacd (only saw 1 of these at 3 stores I visited). Left the Meatloaf at the store.

narcopolo said:
Although the local Best Buy doesn't have very many sacds overall, they have a whopping 5 of these (4 of which are multichannel). Priced at 19.99 for the 5.1, the stereo one was a little less (forget now). Saw one at Media Play also (same price). I luckily snagged a Dylan Bringing It All Back Home sacd (only saw 1 of these at 3 stores I visited). Left the Meatloaf at the store.

That's been my experience as well. The Meatloaf "Bat Out of Hell" SACD seems to be quite easy to find.

And speaking of Meatloaf, his latest SACD from Europe recently started showing up at the local Tower Records stores - like the one in Mountain View, CA - as an import!

I have never seen the 5.1 Meatloaf SACD here in the nYC area. I wonder if this is a regional thing?

KevinD9052 said:
I have never seen the 5.1 Meatloaf SACD here in the nYC area. I wonder if this is a regional thing?
Best Buy in Long Island City (Northern Blvd. & 51 St.) has a couple of them right now.

KevinD9052 said:

Well, the original album was on the Cleveland International label. Perhaps Meatloaf is more popular, hence harder to find, on the East Coast than here on the West Coast!

bmoura said:
Well, the original album was on the Cleveland International label. Perhaps Meatloaf is more popular, hence harder to find, on the East Coast than here on the West Coast!
Well, this may be true, because the Loaf is hugely popular here, but we hardly consider Cleveland to be part of the East coast. It's totally midwest. Anyway, I don't buy into the SACD being hard to find here, because it's one of the ones I see the MOST, probably due to the fact that it sells & keeps being re-ordered. Now that the redbook has lost the bonus tracks (can ANYBODY here explain why?), maybe this has changed.

So they are all in Queens. Maybe the large retailers in Manhattan have them as well. Not sure. What I am sure of is this. This SACD remains missing in action in Westchester, Rockland, Bergen and Bronx counties. Sounds like a regional thing to me. At least in this metropolitan area.

Regional thing?
All y'all yanks come on down south and get you a copy of Meatloaf. We have plenty of 'em down here in the Deep South. Oh, and would you do us a little favor? Be careful with those matches as you go through Georgia and South Carolina. We're a little sensitive about that down here. (grin)

The Quadfather

KevinD9052 said:
So they are all in Queens. Maybe the large retailers in Manhattan have them as well. Not sure. What I am sure of is this. This SACD remains missing in action in Westchester, Rockland, Bergen and Bronx counties. Sounds like a regional thing to me. At least in this metropolitan area.

Back