'it's a mad mad mad mad world', now on blu-ray!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ordered my copy the other night, should be here monday. it's one of the few i will double-dip for. (i also have the sd dvd)

I hope they kept the original directional dialog and added back the police updates during the intermission. And that they did not use the fake surround track created for the Cinerama Dome showing a few years ago. The DVD of "...Mad World" was so bad that I always kept my LaserDisc as the 'reference' for sound even though it's kind of a mis-mash of outtakes and original footage.

This Blu-ray is a disc I'll have to take a chance on that the audio hasn't been totally tampered with - like the Blu-ray of "How The West Was Won" - While it has a stunning video transfer, especially the Smilebox version, most of the directional dialog was moved to the center speaker and the surrounds were drastically altered so that they don't sound anything like the original Cinerama mix. I simply don't understand this desire of studios to alter soundtracks - the directors and mixers knew what they were doing when the film was made and their version should be kept as is. Disney alters soundtracks, but always includes the original too, so you have a choice. All studios should do that.

Back