Jero - Lucid Dream

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. I've been ignoring Blu-ray all this time so it just occurred to me that Jero is Alexander J - D'OH! So it will definitely be well recorded and have a good mix. I think I'll put this in my next order.

Just a word of warning. I just bought Jero's Element "Blu-ray" from Amazon UK. The disc wouldn't play at all in my Panasonic Blu-ray player but it would play in my PS3 although it shows it as being a DVD-R. The packaging all states Blu-ray but the disc itself isn't labelled as a Blu-ray and the disc surface looks like a DVD-R. It does produce 7.1 sound but whether or not it's full DTS MA sound is anyone's guess. I hope all these discs aren't the same mis-labelling.

Just a word of warning. I just bought Jero's Element "Blu-ray" from Amazon UK. The disc wouldn't play at all in my Panasonic Blu-ray player but it would play in my PS3 although it shows it as being a DVD-R. The packaging all states Blu-ray but the disc itself isn't labelled as a Blu-ray and the disc surface looks like a DVD-R. It does produce 7.1 sound but whether or not it's full DTS MA sound is anyone's guess. I hope all these discs aren't the same mis-labelling.

I don't have that one but I do have a couple of others from Surround Records and they are recognized as AVCHD by at least a couple of my players. It is definitely DTS-HD MA but it does appear to me, at least a few of the early releases were on DVD media but I think recent releases are on Blu-ray media. Alexander Jero might still be responding to questions like this one here and he can tell us the specifics. I am surprised the Panasonic player won't play the disc if it is AVCHD since all Panasonic Blu-ray players play AVCHD. What does your PS3 call the disc?

Amazon provided this when I did a search for Surround Records International.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search-alias=dvd&field-keywords=Surround Records International

There should be some reviews identifying whether some of these are encoded on DVD media.

Both my PS3 and the Panasonic identify this as an AVCHD disc but that's as far as the Panasonic gets. The disc merely sits in the machine and is accessed by the system every now and again with "Reading" appearing on the screen - after 10 minutes I thought it better to put it out of its misery. On the other hand the PS3 loads it in very quickly and starts playing the music and accompanying stills. I see from the reviews at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Element-Exper...rtBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#RWK6CWBUICOLH) that I'm not alone in experiencing problems, I'm just lucky that I have the PS3 as back-up or the disc would have gone straight back. It's a shame as it's a nice, aggressive surround mix if you like this form of electronica. On the other hand my life doesn't need yet another form of format confusion - a Blu-ray disc should be a Blu-ray disc.

Back