Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a time when we are supposed to be nearing the end of the physical disc era...we now have 3 of the top 5 releases in 1968(at least on the source I used) with the White Album...Ladyland...Music From Big Pink....the other 2 were Astral Weeks(Van Morrison)and Beggars Banquet(Rolling Stones)….not bad for this tiny surround community:geek:

In a time when we are supposed to be nearing the end of the physical disc era...we now have 3 of the top 5 releases in 1968(at least on the source I used) with the White Album...Ladyland...Music From Big Pink....the other 2 were Astral Weeks(Van Morrison)and Beggars Banquet(Rolling Stones)….not bad for this tiny surround community:geek:

I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been any kind of 50th anniversary release of "Beggars Banquet" yet this year.
It could still happen of course, but I highly doubt it would be in 5.1 surround though...

I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been any kind of 50th anniversary release of "Beggars Banquet" yet this year.
It could still happen of course, but I highly doubt it would be in 5.1 surround though...

Although the Stones do have quite a few titles on hi rez ...only one that I can think of right now that was multichannel.... and its not an album..it was that Sympathy for the Devil remix...Beggars Banquet did have a SACD version in 2002 and universal had a SHM-SACD....the Stones don't seem to issue their titles like most of the labels...I don't think they are as anniversary oriented as the other bands...

Although the Stones do have quite a few titles on hi rez ...only one that I can think of right now that was multichannel.... and its not an album..it was that Sympathy for the Devil remix...Beggars Banquet did have a SACD version in 2002 and universal had a SHM-SACD....the Stones don't seem to issue their titles like most of the labels...I don't think they are as anniversary oriented as the other bands...

That Sympathy for the Devil 5.1 remix is AWESOME and goes to show what could be done with the Stones back catalogue. Perhaps with the impending Beatles White Album and the Hendrix 5.1 remixes, the Stones will see the light.

Not that Mick 'n the Boys need the dough, though!

Last edited:
Clint, that's the reason I ignore all of the prognosticators on the Internet forums and just buy what comes around.
The forum Expert Texperts think they have it all figured out when in fact no one has anything figured out.

Sure there are trends & demographic shifts that we all know about but they're not absolutes & ends.
As long as there is enough of a market for special releases they will continue to happen.
Trying to predict what media companies are going to do is a waste of time as they don't know what they're going to do.

I'm happy that we get what we get.

but how does that explain this:

Do you realize how much $$$$$ the Stones were paid by Acura for using this track? As QQ moderator bmoura asserts: Top Acts can command a minimum of $250,000~$350,000 for licensing one song so why should they even consider licensing their single albums to reissue companies for a paltry $30K?

In 1967 money, doubtful Santanic Majesty even cost that much to initially record! That way cool lenticular cover was probably the BIG budget item!

With the money paid to the Stones by Acura, they should hire Steve Wilson to remix Santanic Majesty in 5.1 ........:)....and have $$$ left over to remix Beggars Banquet!

Last edited:
I would do very bad things to acquire that...

Van was "unique"...even in 1968....along with the talent came a lot of baggage....he was quick to get upset and walk away from a music session....he was frustrated by a contract owned by the "mob"....but someone saw thru all of that and recognized his talent...an interesting overview of the times and situations that evolved around "Van The Man" HERE

An Astral Weeks 5.1 would be killer
Van did not like the idea of Moondance being mixed to 5.1 or alt. versions coming out in a box set of that album. Warner Music offered him a deal that "he couldn't refuse." So he took the cash, and the perks, and grumbled all the way to the bank.

So there is always the chance he could be swayed again.

Back