Jimi Hendrix - "Electric Ladyland" (50th Anniversary Edition with new 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) 11/9/2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While on the topic of Hendrix, I note that Acoustic Sounds reported their shipment of the Hendrix SACD Axis came in on Sept. 20th!

Anyone received theirs yet? Mine is still on backorder from Music Direct (in a double order made at the beginning of the year). That's no change, so maybe they will ship Axis to me soon :dance

While on the topic of Hendrix, I note that Acoustic Sounds reported their shipment of the Hendrix SACD Axis came in on Sept. 20th!

Anyone received theirs yet? Mine is still on backorder from Music Direct (in a double order made at the beginning of the year). That's no change, so maybe they will ship Axis to me soon :dance

I guess you missed my "rant" about Acoustic Sounds...Music Direct will be tickled to death to ship our Axis copies as soon as AP thinks we are worthy:rolleyes: which translates to as soon as Acoustic Sounds sells their quota at the non discounted price then Music Direct will receive their shipment to sell at the discounted price:hi

I guess you missed my "rant" about Acoustic Sounds...Music Direct will be tickled to death to ship our Axis copies as soon as AP thinks we are worthy:rolleyes: which translates to as soon as Acoustic Sounds sells their quota at the non discounted price then Music Direct will receive their shipment to sell at the discounted price:hi

Just caught up on the other thread. Oh well. It's cheaper, and doesn't cost 10 bucks to mail (I like Acoustic Sounds and how they deliver quickly in the mail, but . . . ten bucks per SACD?).

That is now $5 cheaper to my door than my Moose order.....I don't have the patience to change yet....lol

For me they are being a little "sneaky"....the previous times they offered an extra savings that was almost equal to the tax I pay...but this time it's only 96 cents..which negates the $2.00 price drop...

Garry (homer) needs to develop an app for "people" like me who constantly watch all the price changes......the app will monitor prices across vendors.....auto cancel a previous order I made and make new order for me with better price. lmao

Nah...you don't need that...be strong my man...stick with the Moose...you will feel better when it's all over....just remember we have until November...long time to go:geek:

Amazon. ca has Jimi Hendrix for 44.10 Canadian right now.
I was shocked we actually get a price more in line with others in the world, order placed.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-list...r?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1538254387&sr=1-1

Fact: Jimi's father was born in Vancouver in 1919.
Jimi was born and grew up just 100 miles from Canada in Seattle.

Then there's this:
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2015/01/29/vancouver-was-awesome-jimi-hendrix-experience-1968/

[There] is a bootleg of the only Vancouver show the Jimi Hendrix Experience ever played, just before the release of Electric Ladyland.
(Jimi undoubtedly played here before he hit the big time, but no gigs that were ever documented or advertised).
The sound quality isn’t great, but is pretty good as far as bootlegs go.

You can hear him mention that his family is in the audience, and dedicate the show to them.
Jimi’s 84 year-old grandmother, Nora, was from Tennessee, but spent most of her life in Vancouver
(and appeared on a Canada Post stamp last year).
Here’s her review of the concert, from an interview she gave after Jimi’s death:

I WENT OUT THERE [TO THE COLISEUM] AND HAD A SEAT RIGHT DOWN IN THE FRONT, ALMOST IN THE FRONT, AND IT WAS SO NOISY,​

I SAID “WELL, I’VE GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE,” AND SO IN THE MEANTIME MY DAUGHTER IN-LAW, SHE CAME AND SAYS “MAMA, YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THIS, IT’S TOO MUCH NOISE FOR YOU.”​

I SAYS “YES, I WAS JUST GONNA MOVE IF YOU HADN’T COME AND GOT ME, I WAS GONNA GO ANYWAY.”​

SO I SAYS THIS NOISE WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME. ALL THOSE DRUMS.​

AND THE WAY HE WAS PICKING THAT GUITAR, MY GRACIOUS LIFE, I DON’T SEE HOW HE COULD STAND ALL THAT NOISE …​

AND I WAS SO SURPRISED, YOU KNOW, TO SEE HIM, HE HAD GROWN UP, YOU KNOW, TO BE A YOUNG MAN, AND ALL THAT MUSICAL TALENT​

… WELL I KNEW HE HAD MUSIC IN HIM, BECAUSE WHEN HE WAS SMALL, HIS DADDY BOUGHT HIM A GUITAR, AN OLD GUITAR FOR HIM TO PLAY ON, YOU KNOW, ‘ROUND WITH THE BOYS​

AND ONE NIGHT THEY HAD A LITTLE PARTY SOMEWHERE AND HE PLAYED FOR THIS DANCE AND THEY HAD A LOVELY, LOVELY TIME AND EVERYTHING, SO I KNEW HE WAS MUSICAL, BUT I DIDN’T KNOW HE HAD THAT MUCH MUSIC IN HIM, YOU SEE.​

Last edited:
Hi again all......it seems as though that finally the 6LP box set is sold out completely on HENDRIX'S own site which offered the numbered edition....it will be interesting once released if that set was numbered just for the Hendrix site or the whole run world wide....only time will tell

On a side note......the 6LP box set is currently being offered for believe it or not for only $84 and some change......now that's GREAT VALUE

Hi again all......it seems as though that finally the 6LP box set is sold out completely on HENDRIX'S own site which offered the numbered edition....it will be interesting once released if that set was numbered just for the Hendrix site or the whole run world wide....only time will tell

On a side note......the 6LP box set is currently being offered for believe it or not for only $84 and some change......now that's GREAT VALUE

At Amazon.com.......sorry forgot that important info;-)

Back