Joe Walsh - So What QS LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I'm not sure about this one. I have a DTS disc of it but according to the Quad Discography this is one that was announced but never released.

JOE WALSH - So What. Command CQD-40017 (QS)

So what (no pun intended) do I have here? It definitely is quad.

Where'd ja get it??? HUH?

Actually, the only tune that I know of from that LP that was released as Quad came on the PERSPECTIVES KOSS Phase 2+2 Headphone disc.

See the QQ Command Discography

You must have someone's "AA Script" version.......

I am not sure who i got it from. It might have been in a trade or something but I did get it early on in collecting my DTS conversions. I decided to clean this up a bit because there is a bit of hiss and it seems to run a little fast on the original disc.

Here is a screen shot of County Fair.

Attachments

• county fair.jpg
    county fair.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 521
Maybe you got the real thing. It did not come out, but no one said it was not prepared! :D

Yes! That did appear in the Schwann record & tape catalog in 1975; was listed as a QS LP only I believe and of course never was issued.

Really really interested to know more. :smokin You Drink, The Player You Get

I'm not sure about this one. I have a DTS disc of it but according to the Quad Discography this is one that was announced but never released.

JOE WALSH - So What. Command CQD-40017 (QS)

So what (no pun intended) do I have here? It definitely is quad.

Bob all things can look quad if run thru a decoder. They spun the cd and decoded in qs whatever was available. Some believe they are all encoded!

I did the same thing with the QS and SQ scripts and it definitely is different then what I have on the DTS cd. Perhaps a box was used of some sort. I guess I will never know for sure. I do know that it sounds really nice and more discrete than Dolby Pro Logic II.

I'll dig out my Perspectives Disc, and send you the Joe Walsh track that is definately QS encoded. If you feel like investigating, you can compare the thing to what you have. I'll look for it tomorrow (or the next day :D)

I'll dig out my Perspectives Disc, and send you the Joe Walsh track that is definately QS encoded. If you feel like investigating, you can compare the thing to what you have. I'll look for it tomorrow (or the next day :D)

Sounds cool to me.

Sounds cool to me.

Hi Bob

i think you got my D.E.S. (Digitally Enhance Surround) copy that i created quite a few years back, i also created the Steely Dan "AJA" that came out real good (i think) do you want a copy??????? thanks Gerardo

... and one of the ugliest! :eek:
Just saw Joe at Saratoga in the Bay area last month. It was a new band and not that great of a show. Exact opposite of the show i saw around 9 years ago with a band he had had for years. Saw that at House of Blues on Sunset Blvd and it was one of the most amazing shows ever!!!

Just finished listening to this quad mix... Great mix! It's very immersive. I didn't know this album at all, but I like it a lot.

I think i'd best explain that this relates to my recent posting of the true quad master, not the D.E.S/DTS-CD created version as mentioned in the rest of this thread

So What's the story on this one? No need to mention names, dates, places or how many children were involved, but did this come from a Test LP? A reel snuck out the back door? Joe Walsh sold it to you personally for dope money?? C'mon. Let us in on the dirty little secret.

Back